Beaches with restaurant/drinks

needabreakcanada

Hi we are looking for a beach where you can swim that rents chairs, has washroom facilities and has a restaurant with a bar.

Will be in key west early september on a cruise.

Have read about southern most beach and fort zachary but not sure what beach has what we are looking for.

Thanks,

Answered you over on the Carnival board. You said there that you hadn't gotten any response over here ;)

I see you posted at 6pm... this board is not AS active as some of the others (like Carnival) but lots of people - self included - check it daily (or near daily). And a LOT of great information can be found here if you hang in and give it time ;)

If you have any other questions, let me know. We loved our time at Key West and can't wait to go back!!!

Key West's beaches are not that great, but I'm pretty sure you can meet all of your needs at Higgs Beach. There definitely is a rental shop, as well as a washroom. There is also a restuarant/bar called Salute where you can have drinks, lunch and dinner. I've eaten there twice and the food is delcious. If they have the Hogfish as a special, you MUST order it! TK

http://southernmostbeachcafe.com/cafe.html

Check out the place above. You can rent chairs and umbrellas and walk up and have lunch. It's at the south end of Duval Street.

Another choice would be as mentioned at Higgs Beach. Salute is a great place to eat very casual. They are a sister restaurant to Blue Heaven and the Key Lime pie is some of the best.

http://saluteonthebeach.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Either or those beaches have food and drinks...I prefer the south beach at the southernmost hotel. Most people think it's a private beach, but it is public. On weekend afternoons you can enjoy the music coming from the hotel's pool next door.

P2140300.jpg.c16c73fd8caee3ea8b565fdbc0f8aff6.jpgWe were in Key West in Feb.2012. We wvisited Fort Zach beach and park. It cost 3 dollars to enter. We could see the cruise ships so you could walk. Chair rentals and place too get food and drink. The beach was a bit rocky but the water was nice and it was beautiful views.

Archived