Marvyn Paradise Tours?

bradynsmom

We leave very shortly and have a private tour to go to the Blue Hole, tour the countryside, Scotchies for lunch and Bamboo beach. Has anyone done this tour with them? Anything we should add? I am a bit nervous not taking a ship sponsored excursion.

We did exactly the same thing a year ago. Marvyn was our driver and he is so knowledgable of his country with lots of info. We go back next January and plan to use him again taking friends and family this time. No need to worry, you are in good hands with his company. The Blue Hole is amazing!

We just received a quote from him and I was curious about Bamboo Beach.

What is there to do at Bamboo Beach?

and the shopping- is it a market place? is it high pressure, very pushy people?

I ask because we are taking 9/12 yr old.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back and Jamaica was by far the best part of our whole trip. We had Shane as a driver and he taught us so much about Jamaica and showed us a ton in the short time we had on the island. The Blue Hole was amazing our guide was Glenn and he was great with our son. He made sure all of his nerves and ours were put to rest.

As far as Bamboo Blu Beach it is a very clean and private beach. They have a few stores there you can pick up some things and a lady that is on the beach that will braid your hair. As far as the pushy sales people though there are none there. I wish we would have had more time here as my son really liked just swimming in the clear blue water. They have a bar and food available and very clean restrooms and changing areas.

• 5 months later...

Right before we left they sent us an email with where and when to meet them. I didn't get anything from him either if I recall so I just emailed to confirm down payment was received. He is very quick to respond to emails. When we got of boat and went into port there is a bunch of guards and people to help direct you. We just told them we were with Maryn's tours and they had the drive come get us. Then everyone who has a tour booked with them for that day get on a small bus and they drive you to the home office where you meet Marvyn and your personal driver for the day. It is very close to the port bus since they redid and changed the port about a 5 minute drive.