Nat'l Geographic Explorer Jan 28, 2015

Was hoping there might be a roll call for this but haven't had much luck finding one. We've gleaned a lot of wonderful information from this blog for which we are immensely grateful - the photos are truly stunning and make us even more anxious to set out.

Was hoping there might be a roll call for this but haven't had much luck finding one. . .

I know what you mean. We're on the Nat Geo Explorer's Nov 10 , 2014, expedition, and haven't found a roll call for that sailing either.

Woody

I know what you mean. We're on the Nat Geo Explorer's Nov 10 , 2014, expedition, and haven't found a roll call for that sailing either.

Woody

Hmm. Bit of a bummer...I expect it's because there are relatively few passengers on these smaller ships and not many may know about CC. I think the first time we'll have a chance to "meet" our fellow pax will be on the flight out of Miami or at the hotel in Buenos Aires.

We are scheduled on our 21st Lindblad trip in 2015 and have never bothered to check the roll calls - why? Yes, the small number of passengers and /or no knowledge of CC are major reasons. However, the major focus of "cruise" cruises we have taken on roll call seem to be the development of a "meet and greet" and putting together private excursions to replace the ships offering. On Lindblad, the M&G takes place immediately and continues as a result of lounge gatherings, open seating at all meals and cozy companionship on the zodiacs! Since all excursions are provided by Lindblad, there is no need for private groups - also, not too many tour providers on Antarctica! I can guarantee that this will be one of your outstanding travel experiences.

We are scheduled on our 21st Lindblad trip in 2015 and have never bothered to check the roll calls - why? Yes, the small number of passengers and /or no knowledge of CC are major reasons. However, the major focus of "cruise" cruises we have taken on roll call seem to be the development of a "meet and greet" and putting together private excursions to replace the ships offering. On Lindblad, the M&G takes place immediately and continues as a result of lounge gatherings, open seating at all meals and cozy companionship on the zodiacs! Since all excursions are provided by Lindblad, there is no need for private groups - also, not too many tour providers on Antarctica! I can guarantee that this will be one of your outstanding travel experiences.

Thanks for your enlightened comments - you are quite correct that the roll-call seems to be principally for purposes of the M&G and private tour arrangements (and, lately, it seems, people having problems with various body parts and feeling the need to share the gory details!) My principal interest was mostly finding out the most convenient flight options to and from BA from other passengers. As it is, we will be making our flight arrangements through Lindbladt.

• 8 months later...

I am now booked on The Explorer for February 5th. Very excited about my first journey to Antartica. Any advice or information from previous travelers is welcome. First time to book with Lindblad/National Geographic.