Visa or Not That Is The Question

We're sailing on the Star Princess 6/11/07 and have booked a 2 day trip with Denrus on their value tour. Princess information makes it sound like we needed to have an individual visa unless we booked through them. Would like to know others experience with travel in St. Petersburg and also experience of those who used Denrus. I'm concerned that we will have trouble in getting off ship and through immigration.

NO NO NO ...

here we go again...

please see the 5/22 star princess roll call..

latitude 22 posted info on this...

as long as you have the letter from DenRus and your 1st day tickets

you can get off the ship, DenRus covers your Visa.

it's just like Princess Shorex covers your Visa.

Go down to the gangway, stay strong and get off the ship. They have no right to hold you back.

Princess has been doing this for years, and while I love Princess this is one thing they do that irritates me and many many others that have come before you.

DO NOT WORRY!

Also, EACH DAY you need to give a copy of your passport to Russian Immigration. Make sure you have made extra copies before you leave home.

Bon Voyage!

I can also verify that I've left two ships on separate sailings to go on private tours in Russia. As I've said before, this is a lie of omission on the part of the cruise lines and unfortunately, they all do it. There are not two but THREE ways of getting off the ship in Russia. You can go on a ship's tour, and obviously they want you to do that for the revenue. You can get a visa to go independently on your own. Or you can hire a private tour company such as Denrus that is licensed and legally authorized to provide the equivalent of a group visa to passengers staying in St. Petersburg for a period of less than 72 hours. Read the boards for hundreds of examples of other passengers who have also been on these private tours.

Have a great trip,

Donna

Donna,

Thanks so much for your response. I'm looking forward to the entire trip, but with your reassurance will find St. Petersburg to probably be the best of all.

:) G

Hi BrnBrok: We, too, are on you 6/11 cruise and are taking a Denrus tour. Absolutely no worry about visas. Denrus has already taken care of everything. By now, Denrus should have e-mailed your tickets, as well as a letter of "explaination". If you haven't received them, ask Denrus to send it asap (so you can print them up). Yes, the cruise lines try to tell you that you can't disembark until all their tours are off...and that you need a visa, but its not true. You just take all your paperwork (tickets, copies of your passport, etc) and head on off the ship at the time your tour guide is to meet you. All the guides will be lined up right outside of the immigration hut. As you will see on the Star's 6/11 board, many of us are taking pvt tours, so you'll have plenty of company getting off the ship!;)

Hi NVLCLVR,

Thanks so much for your post on the 6/11 Star sailing. I will follow up with Denrus and am looking forward to enjoying the sights of St. Petersburg.

G

Donna,

Thanks so much for your response. I'm looking forward to the entire trip, but with your reassurance will find St. Petersburg to probably be the best of all.

:) G

You're welcome, and I hope you have a great trip.

:) Donna

Archived