Is NCL phasing out "production shows?"

can'twaittogoagain

We've been with them since 2002...loved every minute, but somewhere I got the idea they are phasing out the production shows. I think they ditched Jean Ann Ryan a couple of year ago? I know there is plenty to do on the Epic, but what about the Pearl and the Jewel?

We're going on the Sky the end of the month...I know there isn't much in the way of entertainment on that ship...

Anybody know??

We've been with them since 2002...loved every minute' date=' but somewhere I got the idea they are phasing out the production shows. I think they ditched Jean Ann Ryan a couple of year ago? I know there is plenty to do on the Epic, but what about the Pearl and the Jewel?

We're going on the Sky the end of the month...I know there isn't much in the way of entertainment on that ship...

Anybody know??[/quote']

Norwegian Sky does have two production shows. If you take her back to back you'll see both. On off nights they do have other variety type entertainers. JAR is not contracted with NCL and as other said, if you've seen the shows before and now compare... they've gone downhill a great extent.

The idea of NCL producing their own NEW shows is better as ELEMENTS is a phenomenal show. Bollywood on the Dawn was seriously butchered by NCL Productions when I saw it in January compared to when the ship first set sail (2002/2003 season). The new cast for August did a much better job and the show was re-worked (thankfully)!!

If you haven't seen the shows on the ship then you will not have anything to compare them to so then you'll be able to enjoy them better but there is plenty of entertainment there!

Don't forget to check out the White Hot Party! :D

Yes JAR has contracts on other ships, but not with NCL, so I was told by staff on my last few cruises. The in house shows are okay, but don't have the same technique, quality, professionalism or look of the JAR dancers. It was a cost cutting decision. Some of the dhows are the same, so they must have bought the copyright.

Yes, NCL brought the production shows in-house a few years ago. But recent reviews of the Sky have mentioned that even those shows are not being put on anymore, in favour of comedians and other acts. I think there is a Frankie Valli tribute one night, and that's it for the "main" shows. If that is the case, it's very disappointing to hear.

So far, I've only seen this mentioned on the Sky, no other ships.

Yes, NCL brought the production shows in-house a few years ago. But recent reviews of the Sky have mentioned that even those shows are not being put on anymore, in favour of comedians and other acts. I think there is a Frankie Valli tribute one night, and that's it for the "main" shows. If that is the case, it's very disappointing to hear.

So far, I've only seen this mentioned on the Sky, no other ships.

I was afraid of that. I did see where Elvy Rose was on the Sky back in the Spring...gosh we saw her years ago, but I don't think she is there now. When I looked at NCL's website under the Sky entertainment, it showed no productions. Made mention of comedy or juggling acts. Bummer. I guess we will find out in a few days....

Archived