Sapphire heading to cabo,where's Mazatlan

san diego sue

Today the Sapphire should be heading to Mazatlan and it appears on webcam to be going to Cabo. Cabo is suppose to be Thursday (the last stop). Wonder if Princess is following Disney and Carnival and bypassing

Mazatlan. Anyone know someone on the ship now. We board in 2 1/2 weeks and haven't got any notification. We have been to Mazatlan many times and wern't planning to venture far from the ship . I hope we get extra time in Cabo. Anyone know what's happening.:D

Yes my son and daughter in law are on the ship. They are going to Cabo today and get extra time there. Then they will have a sea day and then go to Ensanada. They are disappointed as they plan to go horse back riding with Randy but they can make fun in Cabo.

Yes my son and daughter in law are on the ship. They are going to Cabo today and get extra time there. Then they will have a sea day and then go to Ensanada. They are disappointed as they plan to go horse back riding with Randy but they can make fun in Cabo.

Too bad, because Randy's Happy Horses is a fun day. Even though I hated being on the horse, but that was my problem.

Yes it was my daughter-in-law wish to ride the horses. It is their anniversary today and my son set it up for her. OH well I am sure Cabo will be fun and I am glad they are not in MZ today as I would be worried.

Today the Sapphire should be heading to Mazatlan and it appears on webcam to be going to Cabo. Cabo is suppose to be Thursday (the last stop). Wonder if Princess is following Disney and Carnival and bypassing

Mazatlan. Anyone know someone on the ship now. We board in 2 1/2 weeks and haven't got any notification. We have been to Mazatlan many times and wern't planning to venture far from the ship . I hope we get extra time in Cabo. Anyone know what's happening.:D

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/01/mazatlan-mexico-crime-cruise-ships-disney-princess-drug-violence/140242/1?csp=34travel&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TP-TheCruiseLog+%28Travel+-+The+Cruise+Log%29

Cruise lines may be pulling out of California just in time ... wouldn't be surprised if the Mexican Riviera itinerary became a thing of the past. With all the adverse publicity (real or imagined) about Mexico these days, I'd be hesitant to book another cruise there ... and I've done at least three of them. Within a few months, only Princess (four months per year) and Carnival (one ship leaving, another being replaced with an older one) will be offering any service to those venues ... sad.

Cruise Critic just posted on facebook that the Sapphire will be spending a full day in Cabo and not stopping at Mazatlan this week because of the problems there. It does mention future stops in the coming weeks, but they are monitoring the situation and there is no word right now if ships will again have this stop on their itineary.

Cruise lines may be pulling out of California just in time ... wouldn't be surprised if the Mexican Riviera itinerary became a thing of the past. With all the adverse publicity (real or imagined) about Mexico these days, I'd be hesitant to book another cruise there ... and I've done at least three of them. Within a few months, only Princess (four months per year) and Carnival (one ship leaving, another being replaced with an older one) will be offering any service to those venues ... sad.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid this might be the case. We love cruising to Mexico and have two more on the books but I'm not holding my breath that we will get to go.:mad: I think Disney is kicking themselves right now for coming to the West Coast, when other lines have left or will be leaving. I have read several posts of people cancelling their MR cruises.

So vey sad for the people in Mexico that depend on tourism to make a living.

Toni

In reading the announcement from Princess it said they will be evaluating the situation in Mazatlan and will make decisions for the next cruise which will be February 12 to the MR at that time. I cannot understand the insatiable demand for drugs in the USA that has caused this problem with drugs and drug gangs. What have we become? I am truly so saddened

for our country.

In reading the announcement from Princess it said they will be evaluating the situation in Mazatlan and will make decisions for the next cruise which will be February 12 to the MR at that time. I cannot understand the insatiable demand for drugs in the USA that has caused this problem with drugs and drug gangs. What have we become? I am truly so saddened

for our country.

It IS very sad for our country but our country doesn't take it serious. I think drug use is worse than it was in the sixties. In movies and TV, drugs are to be made a joke and it is all glorified with our younger generation.

Our judicial system is all screwed up when it comes to poeple convicted of drugs. They get out and the same law enforcement officers are re-arresting them over and over because they get a slap on the wrist. The consequence is not enough to deter them.

I sure hope it changes.

Toni

We are sailing on February 12 and I would love to spend more time in Cabo and skip Mazatlan all together. I am not really excited about Ensenada though. I look at it this way, I will be leaving the cold, every week sometimes twice a week snowstorms that we have had since the day after Christmas Blizzard.

It IS very sad for our country but our country doesn't take it serious. I think drug use is worse than it was in the sixties. In movies and TV, drugs are to be made a joke and it is all glorified with our younger generation.

Our judicial system is all screwed up when it comes to poeple convicted of drugs. They get out and the same law enforcement officers are re-arresting them over and over because they get a slap on the wrist. The consequence is not enough to deter them.

I sure hope it changes.

Toni

One major contributing factor to drug-related crime is prohibition, especially of marijuana. Look at it this way: how many booze bootleggers are shooting up Chicago these days?

We already have the highest incarceration rate in the entire world, and fully half those in federal prisons are serving time for drug-related crimes. So perhaps the punitive approach isn't working all that well?

One major contributing factor to drug-related crime is prohibition, especially of marijuana. Look at it this way: how many booze bootleggers are shooting up Chicago these days?

We already have the highest incarceration rate in the entire world, and fully half those in federal prisons are serving time for drug-related crimes. So perhaps the punitive approach isn't working all that well?

Well, I don't see cocaine and meth being legalized anytime soon and if I'm understanding this whole drug cartel thing correctly, that is what is going on. I think marijuana is peanuts. in comparison. Again I could be wrong, that's been know to happen. :D

Toni

Toni

My opinion is that the drug use is more serious now -- we're dealing with things like cocaine and heroine, not marijuana or hash. So the drugs themselves are more harmful.

From what I have read the decision to by-pass Mazatlan is very much a day to day thing, there does not appear to be a decision to drop it entirely. We were there on the Sapphire in early December and while we certainly were not concerned at all for our safety, it was not our favourite stop.

Thanks for the info,, Pam!

It looks like Cabo will replace Mazatlan, and Ensenada will the replace Cabo. I guess I was hoping for something else, San Diego, Catalina, or another day at sea. But really it doesn't matter, we were not planning to leave the ship.

Do you think Mexican Rivera cruises will continue after 2112?

Archived