Are we REALLY going to go to Cancun?

bwellen

I've heard that there's only a 50-50 chance that our ship will actually get to go to Cancun.

I really want to see the Tulum Ruins and can do the same tour through Cancun or Cozumel shore excursions.

I'd like prefer to see Cozumel when we stop there rather than go to Tulum, but Cancun is the last stop and I'm worried we won't be able to dock--so no Tulum!

Is it really that unlikely we'll get to Cancun due to sea conditions?

Just off the SEA from 12-11 to 12-18. We had to sail past Cancun due to rough seas with 10 foot waves. Captain said too dangerous for us to be tendered to shore --it is a long tender trip in small tender boats. So we missed our planned excursion in Cancun, but were immediately credited since we booked through NCL. Also received $12.25/person credit for port taxes. Very disappointing, but not surprising. I guess the only way we will see Cancun is to fly in. With today's N MN freezing weather, I'd rather be back onboard ship!!!

I find the $12.25 to be offensive. I am trying to find out just how much each port tax truly is, for someone is making lots of money. We just returned from NCL Sea today...Merry Christmas... and we, too, missed port. The crew was contained, but you could tell that the "port" is a rarity. I once got some settlement from Carnival for overcharging port taxes. Somehow this is a routine that has to change.

• 2 weeks later...

We missed it on our Dream New Years cruise last week. Not that I really wanted to go to Cancun, I just wanted to go to a beach somewhere. Wish they would come up with some sort of alternative port always available or just drop Cancun!

I can vouch for the rough seas -- we were on the beach at the Baccara hotel and the waves were pretty rough. Had breakers way out. One day we took the hyrofoil ferry from the port to Isla and it was pretty rough ride.

On NCL a year ago Christmas Break and we made it into Cancun, but for an abbreviated visit. They tender you to the dock that adjoins Fat Tuesday's place, so we just hopped a cab to la Habacheula for lunch and headed back to the ship. Not much time for more than that.

We were on a cruise years ago that docked at Cozumel. We visited Tulum via a bus tour group. It was WELL worth the trip. Bring a camera and comfortable shoes.

Cancun is nice to visit but more of a destination where you would want to stay for a few days in a hotel. NICE beaches!

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

I've heard that there's only a 50-50 chance that our ship will actually get to go to Cancun.

I really want to see the Tulum Ruins and can do the same tour through Cancun or Cozumel shore excursions.

I'd like prefer to see Cozumel when we stop there rather than go to Tulum, but Cancun is the last stop and I'm worried we won't be able to dock--so no Tulum!

Is it really that unlikely we'll get to Cancun due to sea conditions?

we missed cancun due to the seas,therfore missing our chance to see the ruins.. don't take a chance, see them from Cozumel..I didn't think Cozumel as anything that special to give up if it meant you were sure to see the ruins. the beaches are just as nice elsewhere on your cruise I bet.. Shopping is shopping...

Archived