Carnival Legend shore excursions

Traveling the Western Carribean in late May. Anyone have suggestions on specific shore tours (booked at port or through Carnival)? Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan Island and Cozumel. Enjoy snorkeling the most!! Ziplines, too.

Traveling the Western Carribean in late May. Anyone have suggestions on specific shore tours (booked at port or through Carnival)? Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan Island and Cozumel. Enjoy snorkeling the most!! Ziplines, too.

I did the western carib last October. I took a shore excursion to the Mayan ruins at Lamanai. It was awesome!

In Grand Cayman do the swim with the rays with Captain Marvin. Walk to the left after you get off the tender and you'll find him on the right. They also stop at spots for snorkeling along wih the rays. I'm sure you can find him on line.

Email me at bonniejns@hotmail.com, subject cave tubing in Belize, and I will send you info about Reggie's cave tubing and zip lining. He charges $45 and $3 to get into Jaguar's Paw where the caves are. Ships charge twice that. We have done his tour twice and think very highly of Reggie! There are no beaches anywhere near the port. You have to take a water taxi to get to one.

In Roatan you stop at Mahogany Bay. This is a port Carnival built and it opened last December ('09). There are very nice stores (Diamonds International type) and a big beach with a bar, rest rooms, etc. You can walk to the beach via a long bridge, a very close island, or for $5 take the cable car back and forth as many times as you like. There are no vendors here and nothing else but there are cabs to take you to any other place. There is absolutly no snorkeling here unless you want to look at seaweed!

In Cozumel ther are many choices. We snorkel and go to Money Bar Beach. There is also Chankanaub, a national park. They have all sorts of things including a swim with the dolphins, a big beach, snorkeling , a museum, etc. I know you can find this on line.

We have been to all these ports quite a few times and will be there again next fall.

CRUISE LINES WE'VE BEEN ON:

Dolphin

Commodore

Regency

Premier

Cape Canaveral Cruises

Carnival

Royal Caribean

Celebrity

NCL

Princess

Costa