Grandchildren on cruise with me

pops59

Does anyone know what kind of paperwork I need to take my grandchildren on a cruise with me?

Notarized statement from their parents stating they are the parents of the kids you are taking and they are aware of and give you permission to take their kids on "the names and date and stops" of your cruise.

That is what our travel agent told me I need to take my sons friends on carnival so assuming it would be the same for any non-parent

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

woo hoo- we take a grand daughter each vacation. (she is 8 and has been on three cruises and multiple land vacations-- she has seen more islands then most adults i know. ) She is very well traveled and handles herself nicely. Which makes it easier to take her places.

We take a notorized letter and the medical release. Only once was it asked for as we were leaving the ship (that God I kept it out and did not need to dig for it) then the agent asked her some questions--

I will second Serene56's advice on keeping the documents for final disembarkation. I've been asked twice at final disembarkation by US Customs in Miami for notarized permission letters when I had a teenage nephew traveling with me. Had I tossed them after boarding, I might have had a lengthy interrogation in a private room under a bare light bulb.............well, you get the idea.

Edited by evandbob