Trans-Atlantic Crossing Fall 2012

BeignetBoy

We are about to book our 3rd Cruise on SDII...

We had such a great time on the crossing last year, that we will do it again in 2012. And what it better is that this year the trip is 15 days. Can't wait.

We will be booking next week. I know that it is early, but has anyone booked yet?

Good.. we are not the only ones who are booking early. And we are looking forward to it already. And it will be nice to see some others who were on the ship last year.

How could we remember you? My wife (Jude) and I dressed up on Halloween like Dracula and I wore a mask with Swamp People TShirt. (Crew members called me Einstein) We are both rather short, and I have a beard and very little hair on top.

And have you ever been to Barcelona? Any thoughts on things to be sure to see, or where to stay?

Thanks

Bob

I remember you and Jude on Halloween dressed like DraculaWe did not dress up We are from Henderson,NV We had lunch one day togetherWe always sat in the back for breakfast Jane and Micheal(from England) will be on too They are always on the crossings.I think you did the walk in the pm with my husband Steve. We know a lot of people on the crossing but I do not think they were on when you were on

I have been to Barcelona many times 30 years ago and is a great city. We are booked at the Hotel Continental Barcelona near Las Ramblas Small hotel and is 122 Euro per night with 24hr buffet, for breakfast lunch and dinner including beer,wine softdrinks and wifiGot great reviews on TripadvisorHope this helps

Oh yes... I think we remember you. I did do the walk on most days.

Is your husband a pilot and rather tall? At least compared to us, most people are tall? :p Glad that we will have some familiar faces onboard.. but everyone is so friendly on SeaDream that one is never bored.

We will check out the hotel you recommend. When are you getting in?

Thanks

Yes that is him I am the one with the accent(Dutch) We booked the hotel for 3 nights so I guess we are getting there October24th The 4 people will be on too from Denmark One couple lost their luggage and did not get it for the cruise Do nopt rememebr their names She looks Japanese and I think his name is Trevor. Thanks too

Good.. We remember you both.. :) I enjoyed the walks with Steve, and please remind me of your name... :confused: (Sorry, but my memory isn't as good as it used to be.) We look forward to seeing you again.

As for the hotel, your hotel has a Sister Hotel they say is a 7 minute walk away with the 24 hr buffet also. It is named the Hotel Continental Palacete. It also looks nice on Trip Advisor so we booked there. They have a 48 hour cancellation policy, so we can always change. We are also considering a B&B (Marina View BCN) as a possibility, but the 24hr buffet with wine and beer sounds like a good "pre cruise" point. We also booked to arrive on Wednesday, but could change that if we decide to come in on Thursday.

We haven't booked our air yet, but are considering a connetion through ATL.

Anyway, we have to wait just under 7 months for the trip. Wish it were tomorrow...

Thanks for the info.

Glad you booked the other hotel looks great too and had great reviews We love staying at B & B Found a great one last month in Rio if you ever go there. Yes I saw that Marina View too

Yes he is retired pilot from NW/DL My name is Ria

We are probably flying JFK to BCN or ATL/BCN

Thanks.. we will probably book air soon. Thinking about a tour to Monteserrat tour one day and possibly a walking or other 1/2 day tour on the arrival day.. leaving one day to explore or find something else. We did similar in Lisbon last year, and it was a nice vacation, before the vacation.

Do you have any tour recommendations?

No do no have tour recommendations since we do not like going on tours with a group Like to explore ourselves They might have the Hoho bus to see the city. You might some suggestions on cruise critics port of call or tripadvisorHope that helps.

Have a great Easter

• 3 weeks later...

Yes we are It is easier going West since you have to set the clock back 1hr every other night instead of forward going East but we love crossings We have been doing both for a couple of years Will be our 15th time on SD11. Will report and thanksThere are 30 at the moment

Wow.. we are jealous.... Have a great trip and keep us posted on the crew and staff. Only 30.. the service is great anyway, but with such a small group.. should be greater than great.

We just booked our ticket for the air last night. Fares seemed to be better from JFK than ATL, so we booked through JFK. Lots of good seats were available.

Enjoy!

Yes we will keep you posted on who will be on as crew and staffI know the Captain is Lund, Hotel Manager Peter, Jeff cruise director, Sonia Housekeeping Elaina concierge and I am sure Jamie will be on as Md and hope Werner will be on Are you flying from JFK to BCN?Have not decided yet

Yes Olli does the walks We are having our own private yacht with 28 Tonight cocktails at the Toybar for everybody and eating outside for everybody(all 28)Might stop in the middle of the ocean in the next couple of days for a swim if it stays like this the Captain said today Will keep you posted

• 2 weeks later...

BeignetBoy:

Your friends from Colorado on the last fall crossing will be joining you agin this year. We get into Barcelona a little later than you do. Look forward to seeing you again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again Ria... I hope that your last trip (s) were great.

And, if I recall correctly, you suggested a site to visit to get some of the items that allow for the two of you to travel so lightly... Am I correct on that? And, if so, what is the name/address of the site.

Thanks... Looking forward to October...

Bob

:rolleyes:

Hi again Ria... I hope that your last trip (s) were great.

And, if I recall correctly, you suggested a site to visit to get some of the items that allow for the two of you to travel so lightly... Am I correct on that? And, if so, what is the name/address of the site.

Thanks... Looking forward to October...

Bob

The Crossing was the best ever ! And I've been on a few. Captain Lund is a legend. What he and his senior officers did for the crew will go down in Sea Dream II history. The party with the crew was excellent. Will it ever be repeated ? Depends how many of you book next year. As they say "what happens on the SDII x-ing, stays on SDII x-ing" How's your foot doing Ria ? Did any of you see my notice on the x-ing blog (day 6, photo 9 on http://www.seadream.com/seadrem2-europe-dcrossing-2012-day-6) ? Back on board very soon, see you there Bob !

Archived