Royal Palms - All Inclusive

CocoaMom

This all inclusive package must be brand new.

I've been before to RP, but it was so packed with people and the chairs were inches away from the next. Beautiful beach though.

Anyway how on earth are they going to be offering all inclusive to a maximum of 100 people YET still allow people to show up, pay the fee etc. just wondering if those 100 are in a different area or what.

Anyone been to Royal Palms very recently to know how this is working?

I've been before to RP, but it was so packed with people and the chairs were inches away from the next. Beautiful beach though.

Anyway how on earth are they going to be offering all inclusive to a maximum of 100 people YET still allow people to show up, pay the fee etc. just wondering if those 100 are in a different area or what.

You can go to their website and reserve there. $75/pp

You can go to their website and reserve there. $75/pp

Yes, thank you I had seen that too. I ended up contacting them directly for specifics.

Here's the email I received:

"Yes, we have just started offering an all-inclusive package that covers your entry fee, chair rental, drinks (with a few exceptions), and a 3 course meal. The 3 course meal consists of a small salad, a lunch menu item, and a small dessert. All-inclusive guests will have a wristband for their package and are welcome to sit wherever they like on the beach, just like any other guest. We have plenty of chairs to offer and we keep track of how many we are selling throughout the day to ensure we are not over selling."

I'd be curious to hear if anyone's done the AI before too and how's it's working. We'll be there towards the end of March and were considering the AI option.

If you chose the drop on rate can you still purchase drinks and meals? What are the prices like? Better to do AI?

Yes, you'll still be able to rent a beach lounger and order from the waiter. Lunch menu is here: https://royalpalmscayman.com/lunch

I think the AI is extremely high and wouldn't do it, but we're not big drinkers. We usually each get one menu item with a cold drink...well under the $75 per person AI.

Which is better to use here...cash or credit card? It is easy to get a cab there and back? Or is it walking distance to pier?

I've used both. Never had a problem using a credit card here. Taxi is $4.00 per person each way and always available in their parking lot for return. Only issue - at times you may have to wait for them to fill before leaving. Allow extra time returning because of traffic. I wouldn't walk it back to the ship although I'm sure others do. It's a beautiful place, crowded, but beautiful.

Not to get the thread off topic but in addition to the all inclusive has anyone rented a cabana? Our ship is the second to last to arrive in Grand Cayman so we wont be able to get there until after 10:30 so I'm worried if we don't go that route there will be next to no chairs left.

Yes, you'll still be able to rent a beach lounger and order from the waiter. Lunch menu is here: https://royalpalmscayman.com/lunch

I think the AI is extremely high and wouldn't do it, but we're not big drinkers. We usually each get one menu item with a cold drink...well under the $75 per person AI.

My dh and I were considering the AI option but it does seem pricey. If we go and just pay the $2 pp drop in fee, how much do you pay for chair rentals? Are there also umbrellas for rent? I briefly looked over the menu and it seems the prices aren't too bad and if both of us ordered lunch, maybe a drink or two throughout the day, the price should be way less than $150. Just wondering what else we're missing out on if we don't go with the AI option?

My dh and I were considering the AI option but it does seem pricey. If we go and just pay the $2 pp drop in fee, how much do you pay for chair rentals? Are there also umbrellas for rent? I briefly looked over the menu and it seems the prices aren't too bad and if both of us ordered lunch, maybe a drink or two throughout the day, the price should be way less than $150. Just wondering what else we're missing out on if we don't go with the AI option?

We just got back from a cruise that stopped in Grand Cayman and we went to Royal Palms. We got there early and got a prime seating location on the beach/right near the water. By the time we left, around 1pm, it was becoming very packed, but still tolerable. There were four ships in port the day we were there, and we were the second ship in.

Cab: $4USD/person (you can also walk a block or so in from the port and catch the public bus for $2.50USD/person. The cab was just so easy/convenient since they are RIGHT there. Going to RP, we didn't have to wait at all. Coming back, we had to sit in the cab/bus for about 10 minutes before departing while our driver attempted to fill the cab. Very short drive to/from port.

Entry: $2USD/person

Chairs: $7USD/chair

Umbrella: $10USD (we didn't opt for an umbrella, but were told the price)

Towels: $5USD/towel (we forgot towels from the ship)

There are toilet/changing rooms and outdoor showers available.

There is free WiFi. Not super high speed, but it worked well to check in with home. To connect, you need to be relatively close to the bar/pool area. Out where our chairs were, the connection was difficult to stay connected to.

We did not rent any of the watersports equipment, but they had it all available. The para-sail boat would make frequent stops at the beach to pick folks up for that too.

A sand volleyball court is there for use by guest too. There was a game in full swing when we left.

We did not eat while there, but ordered two large Pina Coladas and a bottle of water, and the total was $38USD. The Cayman Islands are relatively expensive, and their dollar is valued more than USD, which contributes to that.

Overall, we thought it was a beautiful location, the people were friendly, and we enjoyed our day there.

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

We just got back from a cruise that stopped in Grand Cayman and we went to Royal Palms. We got there early and got a prime seating location on the beach/right near the water. By the time we left, around 1pm, it was becoming very packed, but still tolerable. There were four ships in port the day we were there, and we were the second ship in.

Cab: $4USD/person (you can also walk a block or so in from the port and catch the public bus for $2.50USD/person. The cab was just so easy/convenient since they are RIGHT there. Going to RP, we didn't have to wait at all. Coming back, we had to sit in the cab/bus for about 10 minutes before departing while our driver attempted to fill the cab. Very short drive to/from port.

Entry: $2USD/person

Chairs: $7USD/chair

Umbrella: $10USD (we didn't opt for an umbrella, but were told the price)

Towels: $5USD/towel (we forgot towels from the ship)

There are toilet/changing rooms and outdoor showers available.

There is free WiFi. Not super high speed, but it worked well to check in with home. To connect, you need to be relatively close to the bar/pool area. Out where our chairs were, the connection was difficult to stay connected to.

We did not rent any of the watersports equipment, but they had it all available. The para-sail boat would make frequent stops at the beach to pick folks up for that too.

A sand volleyball court is there for use by guest too. There was a game in full swing when we left.

We did not eat while there, but ordered two large Pina Coladas and a bottle of water, and the total was $38USD. The Cayman Islands are relatively expensive, and their dollar is valued more than USD, which contributes to that.

Overall, we thought it was a beautiful location, the people were friendly, and we enjoyed our day there.

Dan.

Thanks so much for the info! Seems they are on the higher end of costly for food and drinks. So, if my dh and I wanted to settle in for a few drinks that day, it sounds like it would be more cost effective to go with the AI option. By the time you add up admission fee, chair rentals, umbrella rental, lunch for two, 2-3 drinks each (at about $12-15 per drink) then we'll be near the cost for two people to go AI. I noticed the prices you quoted were USD. Did they accept US cash? I saw their menu is in Cayman Island dollars so didn't know if you had to pay in that currency.

Thanks so much for the info! Seems they are on the higher end of costly for food and drinks. So, if my dh and I wanted to settle in for a few drinks that day, it sounds like it would be more cost effective to go with the AI option. By the time you add up admission fee, chair rentals, umbrella rental, lunch for two, 2-3 drinks each (at about $12-15 per drink) then we'll be near the cost for two people to go AI. I noticed the prices you quoted were USD. Did they accept US cash? I saw their menu is in Cayman Island dollars so didn't know if you had to pay in that currency.

Yes, they accept USD, and it is what we used. The receipt they gave us at the bar had the pricing/total in both USD and Cayman Island dollars.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

I emailed the RP and they confirmed that yes, pool is adults only. Too bad..

Does anyone know what time they let folks in?

A group of us hoping to go in April & site doesn't say hours (or I'm too clueless to fid it!!!)

Thanks in advance!

Karen

Does anyone know what time they let folks in?

A group of us hoping to go in April & site doesn't say hours (or I'm too clueless to fid it!!!)

Thanks in advance!

Karen

I don't know the answer to your question about their official hours, but if it helps, we arrived at Royal Palms right around 9:00 am (on a Tuesday) and they were already up and running. I suspect that on days that cruise ships are in port, their hours probably coordinate pretty well with the ships arrival.

Dan.

I don't know the answer to your question about their official hours, but if it helps, we arrived at Royal Palms right around 9:00 am (on a Tuesday) and they were already up and running. I suspect that on days that cruise ships are in port, their hours probably coordinate pretty well with the ships arrival.

Dan.

Perfect, Thank you, Dan!

Did you love your day? Plenty to eat and plenty to drink?

I sent in a reservation request and IF they have spots for us, then I'll need to go review this board again.

Appreciate it!

Karen