Help with ideas for Goodie Bags - Girls Weekend

Hey everyone!

A bunch of friends and I are headed out on the Monarch of the Seas for a Girls' Weekend Getaway. I thought it would be cool to make up little goodie bags for everyone with stuff they could use on the cruise. Some ideas I had were: post-it notes and pens, inflatable rafts, sunblock.

I know you guys have the best ideas, so what could I put in the bags for reasonably cheap?

Also? Anyone have ideas for slogans I could put on our matching shirts? We're a group of 30-something moms getting away for the weekend. Already suggested were MYLFs (Mom's You'd like...) and also Moms Gone Wild. Both were deemed a little too obvious or over the top. Any suggestions???

Hi, We had a group on the Voyager last year and did goodie bags. We also put in small hand sanitizers, hard candy, small packages of gum, a small bag of salty snack mix, those spongy things that go around a can of beer (donated by one who owned a business), highlighters, pens, and some coupons donated by the business and the travel agency. Hope this helps. It can get heavy to carry these bags, we were driving to the port, so it worked out. If you can give them out in advance it will help with extra baggage.

For the bags: highlighter for the compass; puzzles/Sudoku etc; cheap paperbacks (I got some at my library's book sale for $.50 each)

Ideas for tees: MOVAs (moms on vacation alone) and Shakers (with a martini shaker picture)

Hope you all have a great time!

Hi, We had a group on the Voyager last year and did goodie bags. We also put in small hand sanitizers, hard candy, small packages of gum, a small bag of salty snack mix, those spongy things that go around a can of beer (donated by one who owned a business), highlighters, pens, and some coupons donated by the business and the travel agency. Hope this helps. It can get heavy to carry these bags, we were driving to the port, so it worked out. If you can give them out in advance it will help with extra baggage.

Love the idea of coozies for the can! Thanks!

For the bags: highlighter for the compass; puzzles/Sudoku etc; cheap paperbacks (I got some at my library's book sale for $.50 each)

Ideas for tees: MOVAs (moms on vacation alone) and Shakers (with a martini shaker picture)

Hope you all have a great time!

What a cute shirt idea! I'm going to have to mess around with that one.

We did a girls weekend trip and I had on the shirts

Group Therapy

Under this I had martini glass

Each one had our name on it.

Also make pink lanyards out of beads for everyone.

Went to Hobby Lobby got large beach bags for a couple of dollars thru there 1/2 sale and had group therapy put on them also.

Laura

Depending on where you are all from, one of my friends has a group from the midwest, and they always called their group "Winter Escape" followed by year of trip....also a slogan to the effect of "Its 5:00 somewhere"

"Girls Escape" "Cruise Escape" etc..... just some thoughts.

Sun tan lotion

small flashlight (many don't think to bring one, I also pack one so I don't have to turn on the light in the middle of the night)

little jars of noxzema (if any one gets sunburned, this is great to cool it down)

water bottle (the refillable kind)

deck of cards

paperback book (can get great deals at the used book stores or yard sales)

disposable camera

Hope you have a fantastic time.

Matching flip flops with some bling on them!

A coworker of mine ordered for her girl group a set of swim suit cover up long t-shirts that were different bikinis printed on them. It was a HOOT!

Matching flip flops with some bling on them!

A coworker of mine ordered for her girl group a set of swim suit cover up long t-shirts that were different bikinis printed on them. It was a HOOT!

HOLY COW! I've seen those, and they ARE hilarious. I'm going to have to Google! The only thing is that 1/2 the girls in this group probably look that good in a bikini! I'm not among them, so I need the cover-up!!

The Target Dollar spot usually has some fun stuff, and so does Michael's Under 5 aisle. I've done things like this for my work team, and always did it around a holiday theme (easter, halloween, etc). It went over well, and was great to put together!

Bath and Body Works type purse size lotions/antibacterial waterless soaps for when in port. I even saw now they have wipes in fragrances.

Little kleenex packages

I found a little card holder where I could put my license, health insurance card, charge card etc because I did not want to bring my wallet in port.

Try to get perfume samples from dept stores..some still give them out. I love them when traveling.

Nice note in the bag personalizing it.

Little pill cases.

Sounds like fun...Have a great time.

Laura

what about those cute fold-y paper fans to keep cool by the pool... but on one side write "time for a drink!" so you can hold it up when the waiter comes by. :)

i think it should all be pool-area stuff: sunscreen, tabloids, sunglasses (depending on how much you want to spend... target has cute ones for $15), snacks... no inflatable rafts like you'd mentioned, but inflatable beach balls would be cute.

Ha! These bags are going to be more expensive that the cheap cruise we're taking!

I've been playing around with the slogan and I think this might be the winner:

Moms' Cruise '09

**some type of graphic**

Because sometimes moms need time-outs too!

I'm definitely doing matching flip-flops and cute glasses.

Plus, the chapstick, tylenol, hairbands, post-it notes, highlighters, pens, candies, sunblock, beach balls, rafts, and paperback books.

I'm also going to make door magnets for everyone, because that's basically free.

I'm looking for a cheap version of those bikini cover-ups, but I can't seem to find that online. I'll have to head out to the beach shops in the next several months and get them.

Thanks so much for all the great suggestions.

Archived