Robes/dressing gowns

We always laugh when we see someone parading around the pool in their robe. Robes are for cabin use only, there should be a sign somewhere, lol

.....you were laughing at me wearing a robe????......all this time I thought it was my purple "mankini"..........:(.......at my age I had to graduate from the speedo...........:eek:

You're serious. You really do wear a robe around the ship? I thought that you were joking. I personally think that a robe should only be worn in your cabin, not in public.

Absolutely I'm serious. As long as you keep it tied securely, it should not be a problem. Some people are comfortable wearing the robe to and from the spa, but with time you can become comfortable wearing anywhere around the ship. I always enjoy breakfast in the WJ in my robe.

You're serious. You really do wear a robe around the ship? I thought that you were joking. I personally think that a robe should only be worn in your cabin, not in public.

We always laugh when we see someone parading around the pool in their robe. Robes are for cabin use only, there should be a sign somewhere, lol

All I can think of is Chester :eek:

I agree, and it's not something I have seen often, but to be fair to the people who do wear them around the ship, I think perhaps they don't realise that it's not what they are intended for.

We once saw someone asked to leave the Concierge Lounge because they were wearing their bathrobe. They were very embarrassed because everyone stared, and I felt sorry for them. Perhaps there SHOULD be sign asking people not to leave their rooms wearing bathrobes, to spare the humiliation! :)

I agree, and it's not something I have seen often, but to be fair to the people who do wear them around the ship, I think perhaps they don't realise that it's not what they are intended for.

We once saw someone asked to leave the Concierge Lounge because they were wearing their bathrobe. They were very embarrassed because everyone stared, and I felt sorry for them. Perhaps there SHOULD be sign asking people not to leave their rooms wearing bathrobes, to spare the humiliation! :)

I always use my robe for a cover-up to and from the pool and am not concerned about whether others approve of my choice. For me, it is a warm, modest garment that I do not have to pack and will be used.

Go to a high-end spa - many people there spend a lot of of the day in robes very similar to those on ships; in dining rooms, lounges, etc.

Is this a wind up!!!!!:eek::eek: Do people honestly wander around the ships with robes.:confused: I have sailed around 10 times but have never experienced this but we are all different. Mine would only be to nip out onto the balcony.:cool:

Is this a wind up!!!!!:eek::eek: Do people honestly wander around the ships with robes.:confused: I have sailed around 10 times but have never experienced this but we are all different. Mine would only be to nip out onto the balcony.:cool:

Those robe bandits are usually being chased by a group of people swinging a big butterfly net screaming "I thought you had seen him take his medicine"

I always use my robe for a cover-up to and from the pool and am not concerned about whether others approve of my choice. For me, it is a warm, modest garment that I do not have to pack and will be used.

Go to a high-end spa - many people there spend a lot of of the day in robes very similar to those on ships; in dining rooms, lounges, etc.

Sure, that's what you do at a spa. Cruise ships are not spas.:D

Edited by iheartbda

Absolutely I'm serious. As long as you keep it tied securely, it should not be a problem. Some people are comfortable wearing the robe to and from the spa, but with time you can become comfortable wearing anywhere around the ship. I always enjoy breakfast in the WJ in my robe.

No need to keep it tied, just be sure you have pajamas on underneath - makes a fashion statement.

I once saw a woman go to breakfast in pajamas, guess what cruise line!

No need to keep it tied, just be sure you have pajamas on underneath - makes a fashion statement.

Maybe, I better keep mine tied. I usually don't wear anything more than a banana hammock. I concerned that may embarrass some people.

OK now we know he/she is kidding. right?:confused:

Ummmmmm, my DH always has on his jammies, if ya' know what I mean.:p:D