"Park Port Canaveral" Question!

LiveLAUGHLove21

My question is pertaining the company "Park Port Canaveral". I've tried calling but getting no answer.

My one question is- Do you keep your keys with you? or do you have to give your keys to them?

Anyone know? Thank you in advance ( I did search threads first too!):D

My question is pertaining the company "Park Port Canaveral". I've tried calling but getting no answer.

My one question is- Do you keep your keys with you? or do you have to give your keys to them?

You might also wish to post your question in the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I have parked there and I kept my keys.

When we sailed from there a few years ago, we were at port canaveral and took our own keys. We paid, parked our cars, and took our keys with us. It's been a few years so it may have changed.

Edited by slyster

It is a great deal and safe parking area. You can't beat the price. You keep your keys. There was a big stink several years back with another parking place where they caught them driving people's high end cars while they were cruising.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a large group so can I drop them and the luggage off at port and then go park. That way I am the only one needing to wait for a shuttle? We are cruising the Freedom next July. We have gotten to port for previous cruises by 10:30 because we travel as a large group. I know that may sound early to some of you but we are just too excited the morning of the cruise to wait at the hotel.

You park and keep your keys. We loved them! They might not be answering the phone because we were talking to the receptionist and she said that they don't work on Tuesdays or Wednesdays because there aren't any cruise ships at port then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We have booked the cruise/park package with the Radisson for our Jan 2015 cruise. All these positive posts about security and the frequency of the shuttle are good to hear. We decided the package was a much better deal than a hotel the night before and then parking at the terminal.

We have booked the cruise/park package with the Radisson for our Jan 2015 cruise. All these positive posts about security and the frequency of the shuttle are good to hear. We decided the package was a much better deal than a hotel the night before and then parking at the terminal.

If you don't need a hotel the night before you are correct, however if you are driving in the day before then compare these numbers. Park port Canaveral pay in advance comes to 67.44 for a 7 night cruise parking, they charge for 8 days just like the port and they also charge tax. If you don't pay in advance it comes to 75.92 after tax. The parking for the 7 night cruise we took cost us 72 dollars to park at the port adjacent to the terminal. Combine that with no worrying about shuttles and it was a great deal.

When we returned from our cruise the porter carried our bags all the way to our car and loaded it, then we left with no line and were on our way in minutes.

If you don't need a hotel the night before you are correct, however if you are driving in the day before then compare these numbers. Park port Canaveral pay in advance comes to 67.44 for a 7 night cruise parking, they charge for 8 days just like the port and they also charge tax. If you don't pay in advance it comes to 75.92 after tax. The parking for the 7 night cruise we took cost us 72 dollars to park at the port adjacent to the terminal. Combine that with no worrying about shuttles and it was a great deal.

When we returned from our cruise the porter carried our bags all the way to our car and loaded it, then we left with no line and were on our way in minutes.

We do need a hotel the night before as we are driving from South Carolina. The decision whether to just get a hotel and then park at the port was up to my other half. He is a retired CFO and I can guarantee you that he did a cost comparision of the options. We got a package that includes hotel, parking and shuttle. According to him, there is a savings but I don't know how much. We are driving his car, so he gets to decide where he wants to park it.;)

. We got a package that includes hotel, parking and shuttle. According to him, there is a savings but I don't know how much.

Yes there is a huge savings getting a park and cruise package with one of the local hotels instead of just getting a hotel and then parking at the port.

Parking at the port will be 120.00 for a 7 night cruise. My guess is your hubby got the whole package including a room the night before with shuttle to and from the port for that or less :) I know I did.

Edited by ryano

Yes there is a huge savings getting a park and cruise package with one of the local hotels instead of just getting a hotel and then parking at the port.

Parking at the port will be 120.00 for a 7 night cruise. My guess is your hubby got the whole package including a room the night before with shuttle to and from the port for that or less :) I know I did.

Not always. One of our family members is a government employee. We booked a room at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach for $103 a night, and I cost us $8 a day to park at Park Port Canaveral. So 8 times five equals 40 for the parking, added on to 103 which equals 143 without tax. Much cheaper than the $239 we were offered for the hotel's Park and Cruise package!

Basically, try to use a govt or AAA rate and see if the total price is cheaper than the hotel package.

Parking at the port will be 120.00 for a 7 night cruise.

Since you didn't see it above I'll repeat it, I parked at the port for our 7 night Disney cruise. 8 day parking came to $72.00. No shuttles required.

I'm sure there are other packages available and some may be cheaper. I could not find any that were more than a couple dollars cheaper when we went and they all included an hour or so of shuttle nonsense.

Government rates are suppose to be only used for official government travel. Some hotels will ask for your travel orders when checking in.

The rate we booked said Government Leisure. Hilton offers this.

Since you didn't see it above I'll repeat it, I parked at the port for our 7 night Disney cruise. 8 day parking came to $72.00. No shuttles required.

I'm sure there are other packages available and some may be cheaper. I could not find any that were more than a couple dollars cheaper when we went and they all included an hour or so of shuttle nonsense.

How did you park at the port for that low rate? Did you use a hotel that gave you discount coupons for the parking? For those of us NOT using any hotel, it is Q$20 a day to park at the port, so off-site parking is a far better price.

How did you park at the port for that low rate? Did you use a hotel that gave you discount coupons for the parking? For those of us NOT using any hotel, it is $20 a day to park at the port, so off-site parking is a far better price.

Edited by katiel53

That is the parking that uses the Radisson bus and they are great! We use them whenever we cruise out of PC and yes, you keep your keys. They are spot on as far as time. We get off the ship early all the time and their busses are out there waiting. Fantastic parking place. I have never had a problem getting them when I call. But just book online and head over there. When you get there, if you have your receipt, go in the building and they will give you the pass to put on your dash. Go park your vehicle, and you are set to go. They give you a slip you hand to the rep when you get off the ship so you can board the bus back to your car.