Swoppng cabins with family members once on board?

Jules.

My husband, our youngest son, my mum and myself are due to board Adventure in seven days time :) We got a great deal on our guaranteed inside cabin, two promenade cabins ten doors away from each other. Mum and I will be sharing a cabin and the boys are in the other one.

Mum and I have been assigned a connecting cabin which I am a little worried about in case we get disturbed by noise from our neighbours. Husband and son sleep quite deeply and say they would be willing to swop cabins with us once we are onboard.

Is this ok to do, or a big no-no in cruise land?

We have had connecting cabins before now and never had a problem with noise, there are 2 doors between each cabin.

had one on Explorer and you could see light and hear plenty of sound in the other cabin. Won't do it again

Edited by SeaUs

You can do it and it's really nobody's business. You will have to get room key only cards at guest services and use those to access the staterooms you'll be sleeping in. Your seapass card will still reflect the original cabins you are booked in.

This is great to know as we have 6 people booked in 3 cabins (2 per cabin). My husband , my adult son and I are Diamond. My husband and I want to have a room together but to get the Diamond discount, for each room, I put him in a room with someone else and another person in my room. I was just going to have them trade seapass cards while on the ship but make sure they trade back to get the correct ones when we get off. Having a room key will be so much easier. This will be my husbands and my 14 th cruise and I never knew this. I really do learn something new each time we cruise!

It's no problem.

Wife and I got married in Jamaica and took whole family on cruise.

Throughout the week their was a constant room juggle.

Kids were having sleepovers in each set of grandparents rooms.

One family was having problems with motion sickness and wanted out of the aft.

Another who was mid-ship was jealous of the big aft balcony, so they switched.

Everyone just alerted cabin stewards in whole cabin swaps --- and it was fine.

I think you'll be ok.

This is great to know as we have 6 people booked in 3 cabins (2 per cabin). My husband , my adult son and I are Diamond. My husband and I want to have a room together but to get the Diamond discount, for each room, I put him in a room with someone else and another person in my room. I was just going to have them trade seapass cards while on the ship but make sure they trade back to get the correct ones when we get off. Having a room key will be so much easier. This will be my husbands and my 14 th cruise and I never knew this. I really do learn something new each time we cruise!

We did a cabin swap with my son and daughter in law. In order to take advantage of the D+ cabin discount, I put my son and I in one and my daughter-in-law and wife in the other. When we boarded, my son and wife simply went to Guest Services and had new SeaPasses issued to change cabins. It is done all the time. Also, you can setup the payment of charges on board when you set up your SetSail pass. You do a SetSail for the people in the cabins as booked. But when you setup credit cards, do a separate SetSail for the card holders. For example, I did a SetSail for my wife and Daughter-in-law. But it didn't include any credit card info. Then I did a SetSail for myself and when I setup my credit card I attached my wife to it. Then I did a separate SetSail for my son and attached my daughter-in-law to his. Sounds confusing, but is really very obvious and simple.

Edited by papaflamingo

Does anyone know how the extra points for a suite would work with switching cabins? Is it the name on final payment or name on checkin? What if you then change cabins? Thanks

any change on board is not an issue the points are done at time of final payment, infact if you paid for your cruise in full then had to cancel with no refund you would still get your points.

as for changing cabins all you need to do is go to the front desk when you get on board or at any time, you will want the record to show the right cabin in case of any ship issues (evac, fire, etc so they know who to look for) we have done it b4 for getting over 55 or resident discount we put one in each room then change on board no issues on that

My husband, our youngest son, my mum and myself are due to board Adventure in seven days time :) We got a great deal on our guaranteed inside cabin, two promenade cabins ten doors away from each other. Mum and I will be sharing a cabin and the boys are in the other one.

Mum and I have been assigned a connecting cabin which I am a little worried about in case we get disturbed by noise from our neighbours. Husband and son sleep quite deeply and say they would be willing to swop cabins with us once we are onboard.

Is this ok to do, or a big no-no in cruise land?

We are always playing the "get the diamond or senior citizen discount" or "make sure we have an adult listed in every room" game. Once onboard, here is what we generally (meaning most of the time, sometimes they are less willing to work with us): As long as we follow their rules of adult to kid rule (or next door, or across the hall), we can switch people around and there is no need for extra keys. If we can't meet that according to their rules, we just get extra key cards and noone really cares. The only time it was ever really a problem was when (unbeknownst to us) our kids let their cousin sleep with them in the same room. They had a 3 person cabin, but it had 2 pullmans so it could be for 4, the but room steward refused to open up the 2nd pullman for their cousin because he was not listed in the room. I get his point - one more person to clean up after and he wasn't receiving tips from that person.

As far as connecting cabins, we have had it a few times when we didn't know the people in the connecting room. Only once had a problem when a bunch of young adults were having a room party, and then started trying to open the door and knocking on it. It was actually my kids room and they were a bit freaked out and came and got us. Thankfully we were in our room, knocked on their door and asked them to stop. They in turn were a bit freaked out and we never had a problem again. But that was pretty rare and I wouldn't normally expect a connecting door being a problem.