Fantasy Class Porthole Cabins-tell me about Upper

marshhawk

I love porthole cabins, and have stayed on the Empress, due to DH's mobility issues, stayed on the Main deck for cabins size. and love the Riviera deck because when we get back from a shore excursion, we just go up on level, and we are at our cabin. But I recently booked an 8 day on the Fantasy, with no Empress available, DH asked for the Upper deck=any plusses for this deck, ? On line the cabins look smaller, what can you tell me about the Upper deck on the Fantasy class ships?

We stayed in U16 on the Fascination. This cabin was actually larger than a regular ocean view. We definitely had a little more room to move around. On the Fantasy class, main and upper are my preferences - that way you have people sleeping above and below you. :)

(y) U16 on Fascination was my first experience in a Fantasy class porthole cabin and my favorite! I have also been on Main Deck and that was fine as well. I also like that there are passenger cabins above and below. Note that the grand suites are on Upper Deck so that level is considered a prime location.

My first Carnival cruise in 1999 was on Fantasy, in U1. Little bit further forward than I would book now, but that was back when you booked with a travel agency... Noisy when you are docking, a bit of motion. But it seemed very roomy - but the beds were in L formation. EM

I just got off the Fantasy 9/14 and we had porthole cabin U16. We loved it. Minimal motion even with a bit of rough seas. Porthole is so large I could sit inside on the ledge. Cabin steward was friendly and we were very happy with the service. Cabin was clean and felt roomy. We had no issues whatsoever. I would definitely book it again! You do hear a little noise when docking but it did not last long and did not bother us at all.