can I bring my own umbrella/ chair / beach shelter to 7 mile beach?

merandajanda

I guess it would depend on how large the beach shelter. I have never seen anyone carrying quite that much around. You do realize you would have to carry it until you had access to your room, store it and be able to take it on and off the ship via tender. It really sounds like more trouble than it would be worth for such a short visit.

We have very small/light chairs and an umbrella that we used on beaches on St. Thomas, Grand Turk and Nassau last year. We plan on bringing them to a public beach on Grand Cayman in June. The locals use the public beaches and they don't necessarily rent chairs. I'm sure they often bring their own.

I think it's Cemetery beach we will head to. It's nice not worrying about finding an available umbrella and/or chairs in an uncrowded area.

In part it depends on your cruise line allowing your to bring those items on board. Check what your cruise line shows as restricted items or sizes of non-luggage items. If small enough to fit inside your luggage when collapsed you might get it on board initially, but if the item is prohibited, it could be confiscated when you leave the ship or return from the beach.