March 13, 2015 - at sea

14 March 2015 - Milford Sound, New Zealand

(ETA 14 March 2015 20:30 UTC)

18 March - Wellington, New Zealand

20-21 March - Auckland, New Zealand

22 March - Bay of Islands, New Zealand

27 March - Melbourne, Australia

Information from Cunard and MarineTraffic

Thanks for that info, BlueRiband. I often look at the itinerary and the ships's webcam on the Cunard webpage, but frequently the itinerary shown is inaccurate. Thanks again, -S.

The Queen Victoria is on her world cruise but, for over a week, her webcam itinerary said, "Queen Victoria is not on a cruise now." Crazy.

The Queen Victoria is on her world cruise but, for over a week, her webcam itinerary said, "Queen Victoria is not on a cruise now." Crazy.

Bummer. Last year, I had a interesting time following QM2 World Cruise. Not having the time or money to take a world cruise, I followed it on this board and on the Cunard website. For about two hours a day (rather than watching some silly TV) I researched all the countries visited, the port stops, followed the weather. Learned a lot about the geography, politics, economies and local customs of various countries, supplemented by reading live reports from passengers on board (thanks again to those passengers). That's one reason why I'd appreciate it if Cunard found a way to keep the webcam itinerary up to date. Another reason why I'd appreciate the webcam itinerary being accurate is because I've told family and friends that they could always follow my voyage there, not to worry if they hadn't heard from me for a few days. But no longer is that good advice.

I understand when the are "blackouts" for security reasons, but other than that I see no reason why the ship position/itinerary can't be accurately shown on the Cunard website:confused: -S

Hi Oahucruiser, interesting, Ive been watching her approach us here for the last few weeks ok on k****z-cams with no problems. I wonder if its a regional issue?

Currently she is showing with a lovely sunset on a calm sea.

Looking forward to hosting her here in Auckland on Thursday.

Salicia, try seasanner for watching the ship, her itinerary and mapping it seems to be more accurate than any other site I've found so far.

regards Roscoe

Edited by roscoe39

Agree, Roscoe. I use kr***z cams a lot. But they don't have the itinerary listed on the webcam so I use the Cunard webcams sometimes and that's where it was listed as not on a cruise. I do have all the ships' itineraries in a booklet here so I should just use that. Will be watching her as she pulls into AKL and will be happy to see our future world cruise ship arrive in Honolulu later.

Patti

A Will be watching her as she pulls into AKL and will be happy to see our future world cruise ship arrive in Honolulu later.

Patti

darling..its not on a cruise....Cunard do Voyages!

as for Auckland..keep an eye out and even though it will be 5.30am here, you'll see me standing down the end of the wharf to wave her in, Ill turn and wave to you on the webcam too if you like....

The next time I see her I'll be very excited and somewhat poorer, I suppose you will be the same!

long live Victoria 2016

Edited by roscoe39

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Bay of Islands in NZ last Sunday. Opened up the curtains in our holiday apartment and saw this:

cdb56b8bd93f1a137c050b85b9b12a87.jpg

I read on the Aussie boards QM2 may be overnighting here in Adelaide tonight. If thats the case then something is wrong.

I read on the Aussie boards QM2 may be overnighting here in Adelaide tonight. If thats the case then something is wrong.

Harbour information is showing a 0800 departure on Monday so QM2 seems to have stayed in port overnight for some reason

Info Received: 3 min ago (2015-03-30 00:36)

Area: G. Australian Bight

Latitude / Longitude: -34.78733° / 138.4133°

Speed/Course: 10.1kn / 281°

AIS Source: 146 VK5AKK

Itineraries History

From marine traffic just now. Not far out of Adelaide - outbound