Emergency contact for NCL ship to avoid being left at the port?

edtorious

First time cruiser so not sure how it works. :o I can't find any info in NCL website on who to call if let's say you're stuck in traffic and might be possibly late in coming back on the ship on time from a non-ship excursion. Please advise. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

They will no hold the ship so you don't need to call ahead.

Don't be late.

There is a contact number for the port agent in each port that will help you get to the next port at your expense.

This. They will not wait for you, especially if booking a non-NCL excursion.

First time cruiser so not sure how it works. :o I can't find any info in NCL website on who to call if let's say you're stuck in traffic and might be possibly late in coming back on the ship on time from a non-ship excursion. Please advise. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ship won't wait. You have to be back onboard 0.5hr before it sails. If not they "land" you with the port agent who will help but at your cost to travel to the next port to catch up the ship.

Two options. 1) ensure you are back with plenty of time or 2) use a ship provided excursion (where they will wait).

Some independent excursion companies also offer a "back to ship" guarantee where if they are late they cover the cost to get you to the next port.

Ship won't wait. You have to be back onboard 0.5hr before it sails. If not they "land" you with the port agent who will help but at your cost to travel to the next port to catch up the ship.

Two options. 1) ensure you are back with plenty of time or 2) use a ship provided excursion (where they will wait).

Some independent excursion companies also offer a "back to ship" guarantee where if they are late they cover the cost to get you to the next port.

Also have a " bug out bag" in your safe

This would be a large waterproof strong freezer type ziploc bag with your name cell # and other important info written on it and it will contain any valuables that you would want left with the port agent

Such as

Cash. Wallet. Pass ports. Plane tix etc

Not a bad idea for all cruisers to have this anyway

I recall discussion of this after the Concordia disaster as pax may have had time to retrieve it

However from what I have read here on cc.... The ships security will go into your room safe and retrieve docs and your valuables and leave it with the port agent if you miss the ship so I guess putting your travel Insurance info in there as well might help

Chances are you won't miss the ship and yes many private tours will get you to the port

It helps to have your passport lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As others have said, don't plan on cutting it close. Allow for some time padding in the schedule. Plan on being back at the designated "boarding time" which is 30 min prior to sailaway. If we plan on being very close to the ship, we will be back close to the "boarding" time indicated for the day. But if we are going to be several miles away, we allow for some extra return time just in case and therefore may get back a full hour or more before sailaway. You never know if your water excursion will have engine trouble, there is a traffic back up, your car is involved in an accident.

BUT, if something does occur and you think there is ANY possibility you will be late, start notifying the ship and keep them well informed on your status. No guarantees they will wait, but they are much more likely to leave a passenger 5 min after sail away time they have heard nothing from than a passenger who has called to report his situation and can tell them he is 5 min away.