Celebrity Summit Live report 4/4/15 - First Luminae and new suite benefits sailing

need2bespoiled

We've boarded Summit for day one of Luminae and the new suite benefits. Luminae opened with the new menus at 11:30a today.

a8a6f9c58f89cc801512c12fd6b38cdf.jpg

We'll be heading there soon. They're also asking us when we'd like to have dinner and to call the MC concierge or tell our butler when we'd like to eat each night.

We were given two promotion codes when we boarded for unlimited internet but it looks like we have to use our Captain's Club free minutes up before we can use the promo code.

Here are the current officers onboard. Paul Kelley just came back on as the hotel director.

be1bbd24b51955f26fbf0f65cec816a0.jpg

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I presume you are in a Penthouse or Royal suite. How was the unlimited specialty dining handled? Did Celebrity call pre cruise and book them or are you using the MCC on a day by day basis? We were told on Equinox that Luminae lunch will be every day, even port days! Please post the menus. Enjoy!

First a quick pic, I'll try to take more later once there are less people. They still say they have some finishing touches, maybe new chairs as these look like they've been somewhere else?

b6283ceee6022a9a36effb0157e514f1.jpg

The first menu:

7bede94c087db76945098163fed66460.jpg

We were surprisingly just told the restaurant won't be open on port days. Service has been good so far, all be it a bit awkward at times like two servers coming to introduce themselves as our server and ordering dessert she we ordered our meal.

More to come.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We're in an RS. We were told we could make a reservation in any specialty restaurant through the MC Concierge or our Butler. We never have had specialty restaurant reservation issues, especially since Michael's Club so we don't reserve in advance.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

First a quick pic, I'll try to take more later once there are less people. They still say they have some finishing touches, maybe new chairs as these look like they've been somewhere else?

b6283ceee6022a9a36effb0157e514f1.jpg

The first menu:

7bede94c087db76945098163fed66460.jpg

We were surprisingly just told the restaurant won't be open on port days. Service has been good so far, all be it a bit awkward at times like two servers coming to introduce themselves as our server and ordering dessert she we ordered our meal.

More to come.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Nice menu thanks for posting but v disappointed to read the previously advertised lunch each day is not being offered. We had made one or two plans based on it being open on port days. Not a deal breaker.....so looking forward to more menus

Thanks Jenna,

Can't wait to read about your experiences!

As far as ordering dessert same time as lunch - it's been my experience that that's always the case at lunch time. Princess does the same in their dining rooms.

We're going to have a ribbon cutting tomorrow at 5:15p with the captain. Apparently the goal is a Michelin star in a year.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

:D Nice! :D

Seriously, no tablecloths even for dinner?

That will certainly add to the noise and detract from quiet elegance, IMHO. And, I've always thought that tablecloths added to the sanitation of a restaurant, unless they will be using antibacterial spray after every diner, which will be unpleasant for nearby diners.

Thanks Jenna,

Can't wait to read about your experiences!

As far as ordering dessert same time as lunch - it's been my experience that that's always the case at lunch time. Princess does the same in their dining rooms.

Maybe so, but is not really "proper".

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna,

This is great info. Your pics are also great. As for Luminae being closed on port days, I was informed that is only temporary until when the suite perks package goes into effect April 15th. They still have a bit more work to do. We will be in RS 6139 in May..We can't wait.:D Looking forward to hearing from you. HAVE THE GREATEST CRUISE EVER! Our butler was Dominic last year on Summit RS6140 he was great!:D

Victoria

Maybe so, but is not really "proper".

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Apparently they're going to use a mat of some kind. Hard to judge until you see it. I've been to a number of James Beard award winning restaurants that don't use table clothes.

Lunch was good, not great, but hey, it's the first day. Dessert was excellent.

Very excited for what's to come.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

One more pic

e3c8c67afe837f8984b2d117c77030bb.jpg

Dominic is on vacation but will be our butler next cruise. (We're doing back to back) as he is back in s week.

Full suite benefits kicked in on the Summit this cruise. It varies by ship.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

During the suite benefits Q & A with the Celebrity rep, it was stated that the suite dining would be open even on port days. I'm disappointed to hear that they've changed this perk. The Summit sails some fairly port-intensive itineraries in the Caribbean - very few sea days.

During the suite benefits Q & A with the Celebrity rep, it was stated that the suite dining would be open even on port days. I'm disappointed to hear that they've changed this perk. The Summit sails some fairly port-intensive itineraries in the Caribbean - very few sea days.

Agree. We'll see. We were also told by our stateroom attendant we'd be paying for the mini bar, but we know that's not right (confirmed by our butler). Still kinks and info to be worked out of course, even if they _should_ have had this right and trained for it. The waiter could easily be wrong.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna,

Have a wonderful time on Summit. I'm so looking forward to your reports as we'll be boarding her the day you disembark (April 25). We are in 6147 and will be thrilled if Dominic is assigned to that side of the ship. He's been our butler twice and he is fantastic. Please let him know Janice and Rita will be in 6147 on April 25th so maybe if he's assigned to the other side of the ship he can switch!

I'm curious if Bistro on 5 is included in the complimentary specialty dining. No big deal if it isn't, but hoping it is as we enjoy lunch there frequently.

Also looking forward to seeing Jole again!

Please enjoy yourself and soak up that warmth and sunshine. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy (as I know you will!)

Janice

Could you Let us know how you like the " Suite Perks"? In Luminae, Have they assigned you seating or do you just give them a time and they put where there is an empty table? Is your suite port side or starboard? Trying to figure out if we would get Dominic again in May. Thanks for the work you are doing for this review.

Have a great cruise

Victoria:D

Jenna,

Have a wonderful time on Summit. I'm so looking forward to your reports as we'll be boarding her the day you disembark (April 25). We are in 6147 and will be thrilled if Dominic is assigned to that side of the ship. He's been our butler twice and he is fantastic. Please let him know Janice and Rita will be in 6147 on April 25th so maybe if he's assigned to the other side of the ship he can switch!

I'm curious if Bistro on 5 is included in the complimentary specialty dining. No big deal if it isn't, but hoping it is as we enjoy lunch there frequently.

Also looking forward to seeing Jole again!

Please enjoy yourself and soak up that warmth and sunshine. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy (as I know you will!)

Janice

We get off on April 18. Dominic will be on the even side apparently for our cruise, but it could of course change. We like Bistro on 5 but Luminae will hopefully be better. Even if it isn't included, it wouldn't stop is from spending $14-$20 on lunch there.

Tables much too close together

They are a bit too close together for our preference. The room is pretty small, but pretty.

Tables much too close together

Could you Let us know how you like the " Suite Perks"? In Luminae, Have they assigned you seating or do you just give them a time and they put where there is an empty table? Is your suite port side or starboard? Trying to figure out if we would get Dominic again in May. Thanks for the work you are doing for this review.

Have a great cruise

Victoria:D

The perks just started so it is hard to say, but what's not to like. Unlimited internet is nice, Skype works which is nice. There is no assigned seating, it is more like Blu but they ask for reservations, for now anyway. Our sutie is on starboard.

Happy sailing,

Jenna