Dining recommendations Ft Lauderdale

QCNash09

We have a Friday evening before our cruise leaves on Saturday to enjoy the local flavor so to speak. Any suggestions/recommendations as to where to eat in the area. We don't want a super fancy place ($$$) but not fast food either. Any good ones on the beach possibly?? Thanks!

When we are down in Ft Lauderdale we always have dinner at the Oasis Cafe. It's right across the street from the beach, and its not traditional dining. Most of the seating is outside, and you sway in gliders. The food is delicious but just the overal atmosphere is what hs us returning each year.

If you have a car, consider Old Florida Seafood House. It is not in the tourist area and seems to have mostly local residents as guests. Huge portions and prices, at least at my last visit a couple of years ago, were very reasonable for what one received.

We have a Friday evening before our cruise leaves on Saturday to enjoy the local flavor so to speak. Any suggestions/recommendations as to where to eat in the area. We don't want a super fancy place ($$$) but not fast food either. Any good ones on the beach possibly?? Thanks!

I was just going to post this question lol

Tripadvisor shows Gilberts 17th street grill a a solid number 1

Any locals we need some good cheap food (and drinks too) Lol

http://www.duffysmvp.com/landing27/

We love Duffys too.The food is outstanding and they have 2 for 1 drinks if your drinkers

we will be here again next week :)

Was just at Gilbert's this past Monday. Great blue cheese burger, the homemade fries are to die for and save room for the key lime pie for dessert. They close at 9:00 P.M. and also do not open on Sundays. Bob:)

for sure on my list for lunch one day :)

pretty cheap place too. Thanks Bob

Was just at Gilbert's this past Monday. Great blue cheese burger, the homemade fries are to die for and save room for the key lime pie for dessert. They close at 9:00 P.M. and also do not open on Sundays. Bob:)

Have you been to mangos las olas.The food looks really good

South Port Raw Bar! I've been to Ft Lauderdale a ton of times and my friends lived near it and I ate there all the time. Great food in a basket with a piece of wax paper. On the intercoastal and cheap! Also waxy oconnor's irish pub is amazing!

Thanks for the ideas! I was just going to come on here to ask the same question. I guess I don't have to.:rolleyes: We have 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale and are going to the Hard Rock for one of the dinners, but we were having a hard time choosing for the friday before we sail:)

Thanks for the ideas! I was just going to come on here to ask the same question. I guess I don't have to.:rolleyes: We have 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale and are going to the Hard Rock for one of the dinners, but we were having a hard time choosing for the friday before we sail:)

We are doing this next week it seems fun the "pub crawl"

http://www.watertaxi.com/watertaxi/specials/

Just a little update we had a great time in Fort Lauderdale .we had the best burgers we ever had at Gilbert's 17th street grill .we loved brinys Irish pub ,I highly suggest the water taxi for the day (they stop at and pick up at both places ) $20 pp for the day (kids and seniors are cheaper)

We leave on the liberty in 24 hours :)

Just a little update we had a great time in Fort Lauderdale .we had the best burgers we ever had at Gilbert's 17th street grill .we loved brinys Irish pub ,I highly suggest the water taxi for the day (they stop at and pick up at both places ) $20 pp for the day (kids and seniors are cheaper)

We leave on the liberty in 24 hours :)

I love Gilbert's too, glad you enjoyed it. Have a great cruise.

We'll be in FL for 5 days pre-cruise. Will definitely try out some of the suggestions here. Thanks guys ;)

Some very popular and fun restaurants around Ft Lauderdale right now are Asia Bay, Dapur (noisy), Mangos, YOLO, Casablanca Cafe, Coconuts and the new G & B Oyster Bar next door. These are nice places to go if you are looking for a vibe and not just food. Coconuts is the most casual because it is on a marina. There are also some very popular new gastro-pubs (very young crowd) on Las Olas: Royal Pig and American Social.

These are nice places to go if you are looking for a vibe and not just food. Coconuts is the most casual because it is on a marina. There are also some very popular new gastro-pubs (very young crowd) on Las Olas: Royal Pig and American Social.

Great, thanks!! Coconuts does sound quite nice. We are not foodies really, so we are not that picky ;)

Archived