Port of New Orleans parking and FTTF questions.

I have looked everywhere on the net and CC to find an answer, but nothing current. We have FTTF and plan to park at the port. We want to get there early enough to take advantage of FTTF, but last year we got there way too early. My husband hates sitting and waiting for 2 hours. My concern is with a larger ship, the Dream, does the parking garage fill up? We will be staying about 2 blocks from the port so travel time is not an issue. Advice?

Last time we left Port of New Orleans with FTTF we arrived around 11:00AM,

went up the garage, gave the porter the luggage then went to park (All in the same garage). There was plenty of parking spots available.

By 11 there was people boarding already but with FTTF lines were not a problem and so you should be able to by pass all the lines and get on by 11:30 i'd say.

Cruised last week on the Dream. Our friends arrived at 1:30 and they too were worried about parking but had no issues. They also were fttf and walked right in and on. They said was a "Dream" boarding. You will do fine. Enjoy the ship it was great!

When can you purchase FTTF? Would it have to be after final payment? We have a deposit on the Dream Christmas cruise and I'd love not to have to stand in line too long with kids!