Kelly's Place

Mark

Is it true that Kelly McGillis and her husband really live in Key West next to their restaurant? If so, do people ever see her wandering around town like the other natives?:confused:

Is it true that Kelly McGillis and her husband really live in Key West next to their restaurant? If so, do people ever see her wandering around town like the other natives?:confused:

Yes, um, sort of. She bats for the other team now. ;)

Really, I did not know it was for real....I mean I know she was "batting for the other team" in a movie that she filmed in Australia but can't remember the name...too bad really...always thought she was quite stunning! Hope I see her walking around the streets anyway...celebs have a way of standing out in a crowd even when you don't look for them...can't explain it...Thanks!:cool:

Unless you've seen her recently, you'll never recognize her. She looks completely different. She has aged a lot, and has let herself go a little.

I'm not trying to bad-mouth her, but lets just say she fits in well with the Key West crowd.

Aquahound,

Since you live in Key West and obviously know a lot about the folks and what is going on, maybe you could help me with my other Key West posting?

What is the status of the WWII PT Boat? I would love to take a ride on it in May...is it back in Key West and offering daily trips?

I grew up watching movies like They Were Expendible and PT109 as well as TV shows like McHale's Navy and would love to ride on the boat.

Please advise if you have any reliable info.

I appreciate the scoop on McGillis and am sorry that she no longer looks like that Top Gun character...maybe it is better that I don't see what she looks like today...

Mark:cool:

Aqua,

The movie I was referring to with Kelly was:

The Monkey's Mask

Check it out it you find it on cable or in the video store...some interesting shots of the actress in her new chosen lifestyle

Regards

What is the status of the WWII PT Boat? I would love to take a ride on it in May...is it back in Key West and offering daily trips?

I posted on that thread, but got the notorius white screen. As far as I know, the PT Boat is still running. Try calling 718-596-0504. That is the reservations and info number for the boat.

I grew up watching movies like They Were Expendible and PT109 as well as TV shows like McHale's Navy and would love to ride on the boat

As far as I know PT728 left Key West several months ago and has not returned.

I have not seen it at the bight in some time; but if I find out different I will post it here.

Mike:)

I want to thank both of you for helping me with my questions on Kelly and the PT Boat. I hope the PT boat returns since I would love to take a ride on it in May. I also hope Kelly is living in and walking around Key West since I would love to see if I can recognize her...we have all aged and generally don't look like we used to in many ways...if I could get a picture with her in Key West, the guys at the office would go nuts!

I want to thank both of you for helping me with my questions on Kelly and the PT Boat. I hope the PT boat returns since I would love to take a ride on it in May. I also hope Kelly is living in and walking around Key West since I would love to see if I can recognize her...we have all aged and generally don't look like we used to in many ways...if I could get a picture with her in Key West, the guys at the office would go nuts!

Do a Google Image search and you can find recent pics of her - she's definitely aged.

Her restaurant has great margaritas and good food:) Kind of a funky (good) atmosphere in the old Pan Am Airways building.

Do a Google Image search and you can find recent pics of her - she's definitely aged.

Her restaurant has great margaritas and good food:) Kind of a funky (good) atmosphere in the old Pan Am Airways building.

I can personally vouch for the Tuna Tataki and the Chicken Caribbean Alfredo.

But the question is...does Kelly still live there and does she mix with the customers at her establishment?:confused:

Yes.....and, rarely. Her restaurant is actually the original Pan Am office. It is one block off Duval on Whitehead St.

Archived