La Islita in Cabo San Lucas

#1Nanna

Has anyone ever booked the private boat tour on the La Islita in Cabo San Lucas?

It's not really a "private boat tour". It is a party barge moored in the bay. In our experience, it is all too often full of drunken college students. Open bar, loud music, and (IMHO) obnoxious drunken kids.

I don't know your age, or your preferences, but you might look into several of the other "cruises" that even though they too have open bars, they seem to be more oriented towards a more reasonable crowd. Many offer a great view of the Arch, as well as swimming and snorkeling. Just my $0.02Pesos worth.

It's not really a "private boat tour". It is a party barge moored in the bay. In our experience, it is all too often full of drunken college students. Open bar, loud music, and (IMHO) obnoxious drunken kids.

I don't know your age, or your preferences, but you might look into several of the other "cruises" that even though they too have open bars, they seem to be more oriented towards a more reasonable crowd. Many offer a great view of the Arch, as well as swimming and snorkeling. Just my $0.02Pesos worth.

I really appreciate you response. We are not the wild party type at all, I'm 46 & DH is 53. This is however the very reason we are looking into this tour. It is for a private tour booked by us and 2 other couples. There would be no other passengers, just the 6 of us. It is a bit pricy, but over all seems like a good deal. I am just wanting to check on reliability of the operator, the condition of the boat and the overall experience. This would be totally different than an open, public tour.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to resurrect and older thread, but did you end up booking this tour? I saw it listed and thought it sounded like a nice day trip for our extended family. I like that it is a private tour and you'd get to hang out with just your family. And considering the size of our group, it is quite affordable!

If anyone has done this recently, let me know what you think!

Can't speak for the OP, but my wife and I did this about 2 years ago. It's a large platform boat fitted with a "rustic' finish. Has an onboard bar and toilet facilities, and plenty of padded seating and shade. They took us out maybe halfway to the arch and tossed the anchor about 50 feet from shore. Kayak's were there to use and guided snorkeling time. We made salsa onboard then they served some chicken tostadas. Open bar was available. We probably had a dozen total guests on board - no rowdies. Very relaxing and no blaring music. That said, I could easily see it being a party barge if that's what the group wanted.

I looked last year about this time and it was no longer available. Maybe they're back.