New price structure on Azamara

we love Azamara but not very happy about new all inclusive drinks prices. we do not drink spirits and are very happy with the free wine at lunch and dinner and free soft drinks. All of the cruisers we met on our last 2 cruises on Journey in september are against this new idea. What's the thinking behind this move?

I liked the original Azamara concept......classy atmosphere where every one had a butler,$5 extra for specialty dining, paid for what you did and drank. My original butler was excellent. He couldn't do enough for me. I really felt special. Base prices were good, extras were high but not mandatory. I liked the 2nd concept with higher base price, included tip, wine at meals, soft drinks, free self laundry. However, I missed the butler. It was sad to see my previous well dressed butler wearing a smock. What a let down. The 3rd concept is not for me. Increasing the base price and including liquor is not for me. I rarely drink. I don't mind paying for a drink if I want one. However, paying extra up front for liquor which I don't want is not for me. As I view it, you missed the mark on this one. Go back to the original concept. I did enjoy my cruises on Azamara. Not sure that I would sail on a ship with liquor included. It reminds me of those all-inclusive resorts where people drink too much and get very loud. A better option might be to fashion it like the riverboat cruises where excursions are included.

Can you also confirm that the advertised price increase that will occur on November 1, 2012 is for 2013 voyages only, NOT the recently released 2014 itineraries?

There are two Quest voyages in 2014 that we will be booking B2B on, but we were hoping to book when we are onboard in January, or, alternatively, while we are onboard Celebrity in December. If the prices are increasing, we'll book sooner.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived