water taxi to Grande Anse beach

Katomerikaf

I have seen or heard that there are water taxis available to take you from St Georges to Grande Anse beach. Does anyone have any info about this - where would I find them and theprice would be good. Also is it an easy walk back to the cruise dock or would we be able to get a local bus easily?:)

• 3 weeks later...

^ That was the review that made us do this in Grenada a few days ago! We took the water taxi ($8.00 per person return - you are given a return ticket when you pay). The water taxi dock is right at the port - you will see it. The taxis hold about 25 people and they run continually until 6 pm. We did see people being dropped off at Grand Anse beach by cab, so that is also an option, but we wanted to experience the water taxi and we got some great photos of our ship from the water.

Turn right off the water taxi and walk down... keep walking... the farther down the beach you go, the less expensive the chairs. Ours were $5.00 per lounger and we got them under a large tree, so we had no need to pay for an umbrella. The front row of loungers right at the water was $20.00 per chair! Also, yes, there are vendors there but they are very polite. The ladies in the spice market desperately want to make a sale, so they are somewhat aggressive as well, but after all, that is their livelihood.

We had a nice day at Grand Anse beach.

^ That was the review that made us do this in Grenada a few days ago! We took the water taxi ($8.00 per person return - you are given a return ticket when you pay). The water taxi dock is right at the port - you will see it. The taxis hold about 25 people and they run continually until 6 pm. We did see people being dropped off at Grand Anse beach by cab, so that is also an option, but we wanted to experience the water taxi and we got some great photos of our ship from the water.

Turn right off the water taxi and walk down... keep walking... the farther down the beach you go, the less expensive the chairs. Ours were $5.00 per lounger and we got them under a large tree, so we had no need to pay for an umbrella. The front row of loungers right at the water was $20.00 per chair! Also, yes, there are vendors there but they are very polite. The ladies in the spice market desperately want to make a sale, so they are somewhat aggressive as well, but after all, that is their livelihood.

We had a nice day at Grand Anse beach.

I also really appreciate this info as well as the great link listed above. If you don't mind, can I ask if you got your loungers at the same place as listed on the link above or a different vendor? If different, were there restrooms available? Also, how were the prices at the spice market there? Really appreciate any info. Looking forward to our visit in the spring.

...can I ask if you got your loungers at the same place as listed on the link above or a different vendor? If different, were there restrooms available? Also, how were the prices at the spice market there?...

I hope to help address your questions but I'm afraid it might be less than you're looking for. We did not see the sign "Lazy Days" as posted in the review above; we just walked until one of the vendors stated $5 loungers. One of the vendors, Ash, was firm and persistent - my husband took a liking to him and ended up by his place (drinks and food in the spice market/restaurant area). We ended up in front of the spice market and although we did walk through, we didn't purchase anything. The vendors were just too aggressive for my sister and I, and we felt a bit uncomfortable. I felt the prices were high - knowing you can get a huge bag of cinnamon at home for a fraction of the price prevented me from taking the plunge. ;) There were large and small baskets of assorted spices. Also - they were not factory sealed, which could have been a problem at our Canadian border. We declined the spices. :)

I will mention that if you feel you want to buy spices and don't end up doing so, there are many stores and kiosks in the cruise port terminal. You can always do so at the end of your day.

Thanks for the info. After reading further reviews I am finding others seem to have similar view points as you and your sister. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your info. I have a feeling I may look but will probably pass on the spices.

We were at Grande Anse last Thursday and I just wanted to clarify that the $20 quoted in the post above (for the beds at the water's edge) was for TWO sunbeds with the umbrella included. We felt that this was reasonable value for money for a full day's use.

We wandered along the beach to the spice market and noted that there was a steeper walk down into the water from this point, whereas where we were seated it was a very gentle slope.

We thought this beach was absolutely beautiful and really enjoyed our day as well as the water taxi journey to get there.

Can anyone tell me if there are rental agencys at the cruise port/ pier in Grenada,, and is the island easy to navigate?

We are on the Royal Princess 11/25 from 12-7pm.:confused:

thanks Donnakg

I did not see any. There is a port terminal building with all the usual tourist shops in it. When you walk out the front you have about a dozen stalls (all selling the exact same thing) and then it's just town (and not SHOPPING town). You WILL be accosted by at least a dozen people asking you to let them drive you places if you are outside more than 30 seconds.

Just so you are prepared.... I don't know where any car rentals are.