Most convenient hotel? (miami, fl)

cbp

I am looking for a hotel that offers shuttle from Miami international airport to hotel and hotel to port of Miami. Plane arrives at 9:30PM, June 26, so I don't know if shuttles work that late...

If possible for the hotel to be in walking distance to a mall/convenience store, so that I can do some last minute shopping (before 11AM on a Saturday. :( )

Price should be at most 100$ for a room. (3 ppl)

I looked at the La Quinta Inn hotel that people mentioned here, but no stores nearby. :(

Look at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon or any of the hotels in the area (we stayed in the Homewood Suites around the corner) - in the heat of June you might find a romm in the area within your limit. There's a strip mall across the street with a grocery store (Publix), liquor store, etc... Most of the hotels will offer free shuttle service from the airport; free shuttle service to the port is rare, but a cab to POM is only $24 + tip and shuttle service was available from our hotel for only $10/per person. Good luck!:)

I am looking for a hotel that offers shuttle from Miami international airport to hotel and hotel to port of Miami.

Then you'll have to stay by the airport. No downtown Miami hotels offer free shuttle service to the Port. If they did offer this, that's all they'd be doing all weekend long is shuttling back and forth. Nope.

There are hundreds of threads on this topic; feel free to run a search or just scroll back 5, 10, 15 pages and click on the threads which interest you.

Some airport hotels offer a shuttle to the port in the morning. Very few if any are free. I'd just take their shuttle to the hotel in the evening and get a cab in the a.m. You are traveling when lots of people take their vacations with families. The shuttles can get busy. Your budget would only allow an airport area hotel. Check too for how often the shuttles run or if you have to call the hotel at arrival. Lots of people stay at La Quinta East. Also check the Blue Lagoon hotels as they are close to restaurants and stores.

Cool, thanks.

I'll look for hotels near the airport. So @JohninDC, if a taxi is only 24$ to POM, it will be cheaper than the shuttle for 3 people? nice.

Still on the transportation issue, when returning from the cruise, Carnival offers a shuttle to the airport (MIA) for 16$ a pop. How much would a taxi be? Would it be cheaper for 3 people?

The flat fare for taxis is $24 to and from MIA-POM.

The flat fare does not apply from Airport hotels to the port, that will be a meter charge, but shouldn't go over $30.

Nice. But then, why would people pay 16$ per person for the shuttle, when taxis are cheaper? (most travel in pairs of 2 or more)

I guess money grabbing schemes. lol.

we alway s worried about transportation to and from the airport..

the wife has alway s left the transportation up to me so i better not

screw up:o from FLL there were convient stand s outside each

baggage pickup area offering cabs, towncars and shuttles..

of course i was concern d about transportation on disembarking

day..from the ship i saw numerous bus s lined up prepared to take

passenger s to MIA, FLL and post cruise excursion s..there were also

cabs and vans..

we grab d a van to MIA as we exited the terminal and the cost was

$9 pp..we were at the airport in about 20 mins..

then the nightmare began at the AA check-in..:mad:

So flying into FLL for a cruise out of the POM is the best way to go? Will SAS take you from a FLL hotel to the POM and from the POM to FLL? I am also trying to find a hotel for a Miami cruise. I usually fly in the day of but I am thinking of flying in the night before this time.

So flying into FLL for a cruise out of the POM is the best way to go? Will SAS take you from a FLL hotel to the POM and from the POM to FLL? I am also trying to find a hotel for a Miami cruise. I usually fly in the day of but I am thinking of flying in the night before this time.

I don't agree with that unless you can save a bundle on the airline tickets going into the Lauderdale airport.. If you fly into Miami we found a hotel that offers free airport AND free port shuttle service. Had a wonderful large clean room, free breakfast buffet and the free shuttles (do tip the driver however) at La Quinta East located right near the airport and only a 15 minute or so drive from the port. Just sign up for the shuttle to the port the night before at the front desk.

I don't agree with that unless you can save a bundle on the airline tickets going into the Lauderdale airport.. If you fly into Miami we found a hotel that offers free airport AND free port shuttle service. Had a wonderful large clean room, free breakfast buffet and the free shuttles (do tip the driver however) at La Quinta East located right near the airport and only a 15 minute or so drive from the port. Just sign up for the shuttle to the port the night before at the front desk.

Excellent. Thank you VERY MUCH! :)

Nice. But then, why would people pay 16$ per person for the shuttle, when taxis are cheaper? (most travel in pairs of 2 or more)

I guess money grabbing schemes. lol.

Many cruisers are uninformed and their TA's sell the shuttles service with the cruise...saying how convenient it is and stressfree.

What the agent doesn't say is you will sit on the bus until all the riders have arrived , been checked on and their bags are loaded. In the meantime, the taxis have delivered everyone else to the ship quickly and with no delays. You will save money and time by using a cab.

Archived