Cruise out of Baltimore MD

goofy810

I am heading out on the Enchantment of the Seas in May I have a 10 month old who drinks mixed formula and also a small mix of milk. I plan to make her bottles on the ship but for the first day untill I get milk and get bottle water I want to premake her bottles. This is our first cruise with the little one but not our first cruise (D+) memmber on Royal I know the port folks wont let us bring a open bottle of water or even a closed one in our carry on, will they let us bring the baby bottle and 2 storage bottles for the baby? if so will they make us taste it or smell it (wife is a germ freak and will not want them sticking there nose in her bottle).

any info will be appreceated.

thanks

I agree - they are looking for alcohol not baby formula. I am almost certain you could take a sealed bottle of water with you - they will not let you take an open bottle - especially if in the diaper bag.

Either way - I don't think they are going to smell/taste the baby formula - it is different that the airport

(I've taken 2 cruises out of Baltimore.) In my opinion, in general, the screeners at the Port of Baltimore, did not look that closely. Compared to when we flew to Portland & I forgot to take the factory sealed premixed formula out of our diaper bag - they used a "wand" to check the formula. (They went over board on the car seat too!)

They shake water - alcohol reacts differently to water when shaken.

You can get milk right away once you get on the ship.

I agree - they are looking for alcohol not baby formula. I am almost certain you could take a sealed bottle of water with you - they will not let you take an open bottle - especially if in the diaper bag.

Either way - I don't think they are going to smell/taste the baby formula - it is different that the airport

TSA no longer does any "taste tests" of milk or formula in baby bottles:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/formula.shtm

Archived