Quantum of the Seas design Revealed!

There won't be a split design like Oasis. The ship isn't wide enough for that to work properly. They didn't show the stern, so the AquaTheater isn't out of the question.

One interesting thing which is hinted by the models and the silhouette at the steel cutting ceremony is that the design seems quite 'angular'. Pretty much all RCI ships have designs with a lot of smooth curves, which I think looks really good. I feel Quantum will have a design similar to other recent Meyer Werft ships.

There won't be a split design like Oasis. The ship isn't wide enough for that to work properly. They didn't show the stern, so the AquaTheater isn't out of the question.

One interesting thing which is hinted by the models and the silhouette at the steel cutting ceremony is that the design seems quite 'angular'. Pretty much all RCI ships have designs with a lot of smooth curves, which I think looks really good. I feel Quantum will have a design similar to other recent Meyer Werft ships.

How unfortunate that would be. I feel that RCI's designs, so far, have given them some of the most aesthetically pleasing ships in the business.

According to a Meyer Werft brochure, the dimensions are as follows.

Length - 348 meters or 1141 feet

Moulded Breadth - 41 meters or 134 feet

Cruising speed 22 knots

Total Passenger Capacity - 4905

Size - 166,500 gt

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/service/publikationen/publikationen_detailseite_2753.jsp

She will be 29 feet longer than the Freedom OTS and 45 feet shorter than Oasis OTS.

According to a Meyer Werft brochure, the dimensions are as follows.

Length - 348 meters or 1141 feet

Moulded Breadth - 41 meters or 134 feet

Cruising speed 22 knots

Total Passenger Capacity - 4905

Size - 166,500 gt

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/service/publikationen/publikationen_detailseite_2753.jsp

She will be 29 feet longer than the Freedom OTS and 45 feet shorter than Oasis OTS.

And 50 feet narrower than Freedom, which makes a promenade problematic as well.

How unfortunate that would be. I feel that RCI's designs, so far, have given them some of the most aesthetically pleasing ships in the business.

I agree. When I hear angular, I'm thinking Solstice class which came out of Meyer.

If you look at the image at 51 seconds into the video it indicates stern pool, probably 2 hot tubs, under some type of cover structure. Maybe an sliding top Solarium?

It's possible that some of the images in the slide-show are just 'concept' models and NOT the final design, but it does look that way.

Actually it's 8 feet wider than the Freedom. We are talking waterline measurements. We don't know the full width of the superstructure. Freedom is 38.6 Meters or 126 feet wide at her waterline.

But. FOS balloons out to 180 ft at the promenade deck. That width won't fit inside the MW building dock. Based on the water tank model this ship is fairly straight sided. The outboard lifeboat rigging is another "tell" that she won't have a FOS style promenade. IMO she will be more likes stretched reflection than anything in the RCL fleet.

Agreed. In particular, Voyager, Radiance, and Freedom class ships are beautiful.

This design reminds me way too much of the new Celebrity ships.

But. FOS balloons out to 180 ft at the promenade deck. That width won't fit inside the MW building dock. Based on the water tank model this ship is fairly straight sided. The outboard lifeboat rigging is another "tell" that she won't have a FOS style promenade. IMO she will be more likes stretched reflection than anything in the RCL fleet.

Not true, the bit which sticks out at the promenade deck is only a meter or so more than the waterline breadth either side. The extreme value of 184 feet is for the breadth at the bridge wings. I don't think there will be a bit which sticks out on the prom deck, but the balconies will likely have some 'bulges' in them, probably around the elevator areas as is the case on Voyager/Freedom/Oasis. That allows the open 'centrum' bit with the panoramic lifts to be larger, which is why the stateroom corridor actually curves around.

The Freedom measures out to 184 feet at the bridge wings. If you're referring to the outside promenade then no as those are a thing of the past on most new builds. The Quantum will be designed like the Oasis where her rescue vessels will be positioned in the ready to load position. Same as the Solstice class.

When we were last on Freedom Thor assured everyone that The Promenade would be on the new build.

I'll stand by my assessment that there will not be an interior FOS type mall on this ship. BTW the width of the mall on FOS is approximately 23 meters wide which would not leave any room for interior cabins if FOS was 180 ft only at the bridge wings. Balcony cabins on FOS are about 8 meters long (including the balcony) and if you add a meter for the hallway you'd get to 40 meters before you were able to insert any interior cabins

Archived