Would we like Royal Caribbean??

Hi

My husband and I have been on cruises with Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, Norwegian and the Disney Magic. We did not like Carnival. Would we like Royal Caribbean? Our favorite cruise was Celebrity? Have not been on a cruise for three years. We have been doing Sandals All Inclusives. Our last cruise was Princess to Tahaiti. It was fantastic.

What do you all think?

Retrogram

Tough question because people like differant things......

I too have been on all the lines you mentioned except for Disney....

While I think lines have certain things they are better at I think RCI overall does more things good.

Ships are the most beautiful in design and decor I have seen.

Staff energetic

Age of paasengers is varied so you don't have the large noisy party crowd or the sedate option. You can actually go into a bar at night and talk to your partner.

Great childrens program

Food good (this is very personal)

They are very organized with crowds.

I have often told people that cruise lines are like hotels,,,they all offer the same thing its just how is it presented.

We just completed a Carnival cruise that was chosen because of the 3rd & 4th person rate becasue we had two little ones in the group.

Everyone had a great time.....however I thought the service was average.

The decor gaudy but all Carnival ships are gaudy thanks to the designer Farcus.

The noise level of extreme. This was encouraged during group activities.

The entertainment was average.

Again we all had a great time and the above comments shouldn't make or break a cruise but just my observations.

I say go and try it for yourself just as you have already on other lines.

You will enjoy RCCL. I didn't care for Carnival I sure enjoyed all the other cruise lines. Guess we just love to cruise, But must warn you .!!!! Nothing will compare with your Tahiti cruise. We did that cruise many years ago when it was Renaissance. That was by far my favorite cruise ever. Nothing has ever compared. Many a close second but that was by far the best.

We have been on all the cruiselines that you have except Disney. We too like Celebrity but also really like RCCL. We would always choose RCCL over Celebrity when traveling with our children. RCCL has a lot more entertainment to choose from. The food and service has always been good on RCCL.

The newer RC ships are beautifully designed. They are a unique type of ship with lots of exciting things to see and do. I think you would enjoy Royal Caribbean. We sure do. As the others said though, it won't compare to the cruise in Tahiti. We have been there on Holland America, and it was our best cruise to date!

We've sailed Disney and Princess. We didn't like the feel of Princess. Pretty much die hard DCL fans though my teen son is ready to try RCCL. I have Radiance booked for June, but squeezed in a cruise on the Serenade to try out the line. We LOVED it! It was fab-u-lous. Just a few things we didn't like:

* Rushed, out of sync MTD service

* Food was the worst we've had at sea. Not inedible, but definitely not anything to write home about. Ate in the dining room twice (just to give it another go). Ended up in Windjammer which actually had decent fare to be had. Hmmm, ranger cookies.

* Just two beers on draft - ok, I admit that I may be spoiled on this. I can't remember what Princess had on draft but I was drinking vodka and wine back then. It made the cruise better. But really - Amstel Light & Heiney only on draft?

The good: I can keep you here all night! In short - terrific service, good ship design, nice ship decor and plenty of activities for everyone.

We had the best stateroom host we've ever had on the Serenade.

We are super excited about our upcoming cruise aboard the Radiance. We'll never-evah hesitate to cruise RCCL.

We've only sailed RCCL so I can't 'compare' any lines for you. But since you liked Celebrity and they are a 'sister' line to RCCL, chances are you will like them. Plus you can mention when you book that you are a previous cruiser and what 'level' you are should be reciprical with RCCL Crown & Anchor program, benefit wise.

Enjoy.

Erika

I am a die hard DCL'er as well, and did my first RCL last year on Enchantment. Loved her and really enjoyed the line. I think the food is similar on both, and the Enchantment really, really reminded me of the DCL ships. I am trying Freedom this summer for the kids, so we'll see how that goes, but I think you will enjoy RCL.

Archived