Sad Day

Cruisedreamer1

I just read on Facebook that our beloved and wonderful Cruise Director Michael Shapiro will no longer be with Paul Gauguin Cruises having taken an LAX based sales position with Tahiti Nui. His last cruise will be mid October.

He will be missed and leaves a HUGH hole to fill. I wish him well and thank him for all of the wonderful cruise days we were privileged to have him while cruising.

I wasn't aware the ship had a new chef as well. I am sure both positions will be top notch.

It's funny but once we were on aboard and the ship had hired a pastry chef that just wasn't making it and he was quickly moved out since even I noticed the less than wonderful quality about the rolls being served.

We didn't have Michael when we went but had heard many good things about him. I can't recall the name of the guy we had. He was just so so. I thought I had read months back he had left as well??

The wonderful young lady who was the asst. cruise director (among other things it seemed) was more involved and I kept thinking why she wasn't the cruise director on our sailing instead of the other guy.