Excursions can't be

azlew

WOW I just found out that excursions cannot be pre reserved on the Paul Gauguin website until there are 60 or less days before the cruise.

Have you Paul Gauguin cruisers that have cruised in Tahiti found a way around that?

Seconded. I called the day things opened up and made reservations. We still had to move things around upon boarding since not all of the dives are published or can be booked beforehand.

I used my own snorkeling gear since I also dive, but my wife borrowed from PG. Go early to make sure you get gear you can use.

If we see a few excursions that we like that are handled by third party companies and not contracted by Paul Gauguin then we might go ahead and schedule them. I think I read somewhere that Ato's Blue Lagoon is one that could be group reserved outside of PG?

I suppose though if PG changes their schedule that could mess up the reservations since the ship would not arrive in a timely matter to make those connections to the third party excursions.

Is it true that most of the third party excursion companies do not require upfront deposits?

Don't see what the big problem is. Used to be you couldn't book in advance at all. Sixty days is plenty of time.

If your cruise has a roll-call you can see if anyone else is trying to organize excursions through local operators (of course, these are the same operators that the PG uses.)

Don't see what the big problem is. Used to be you couldn't book in advance at all. Sixty days is plenty of time.

If your cruise has a roll-call you can see if anyone else is trying to organize excursions through local operators (of course, these are the same operators that the PG uses.)

Only sometimes.....Wendy. Not true in Atolls or Cooks.

Does Paul Gauguin give priority to its previous cruisers for the most popular excursions?

The reason I ask is that we are first timers and we don't want to get shut out on a few excursions. That is why we might just go ahead and pre book outside of Paul Gauguin and avoid the rush and anxiety of getting to the excursion desk before the seasoned cruisers line up at the desk.

We realize of course from previous cruises that things do change and get cancelled either by the excursion company or by the ship we are on because of weather etc.

Does Paul Gauguin give priority to its previous cruisers for the most popular excursions?

The reason I ask is that we are first timers and we don't want to get shut out on a few excursions. That is why we might just go ahead and pre book outside of Paul Gauguin and avoid the rush and anxiety of getting to the excursion desk before the seasoned cruisers line up at the desk.

We realize of course from previous cruises that things do change and get cancelled either by the excursion company or by the ship we are on because of weather etc.

All seasoned cruisers get is extra love and a small discount.

I may add this is what makes the Paul Gauguin so special, it's crew! Not many ships can claim to have such a loyal crew. So many have been there so long and for that reason we get to know them well. This is a small intimate ship, the service is always delivered with a smile but in a casual way , which is why so many return year after year.