If you were booked on Brilliance April 6, 2013, you aren't going!!!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I was booked on a charter April 13-20, 2013 on Brilliance out of San Juan. I got an email from our TA on April 25 stating Brilliance was going into dry dock early and our charter was moved to April 6-13. I don't know how RCCL was going to let their pax know. I am sure it is the truth because I trust my TA and if you look at their website or other travel sites, that date is not available. So, if you were booked for that week you need to do some checking. I didn't even think about it when I first got notified. At was first in a panic because of flight changes then realized I didn't have a flight res yet so I just left it go. However, today, I saw the M&M thread for that earlier sailing and thought, oh crap, there is a boat load of people who's reservations are going to be a mess :eek:

RCCL can't tell me because all I have is the group number. I do not yet have an actual RCCL confirmation so they are of no help.

Your TA should be able to tell you your reservation number and then you can check on the cruise's status, but if RCI has already informed him of the change and he has passed this information along to you, I'm not sure what more you need to know. We do know that Brilliance will be undergoing an extensive drydock prior to beginning her summer season in Europe which is due to begin in mid-May, so the information you have received is likely to be correct. Not sure why your TA would give you information that wasn't accurate, so I'd be inclined to believe him.

So, your charter which was originally scheduled on April 13th is now going on April 6th and no other cruisers can go on that cruise unless they are part of your group? I do not ever remember seeing a Brilliance April 13th cruise, but it makes sense if the cruise was not open to the general public! I am surprised RCI does not let people know when there are smaller special interest groups on board! We almost booked a Jersey Shore Deena cruise and a Goth cruise going to Bermuda this fall! I would think it would be wise for RCI to allow their guests to make an informed choice! Good Luck with your cruise...hopefully those booked on the original cruise can find alternate plans! thanks for helping me understand the idea of a "charter"cruise!

I was interested in the Brillance sailing, however, I was waiting for them to release information for late April, May - still nothing ! People are waiting for the Sunshine Project and I am waiting for April May 2013.

If Travel sites have been notified (and posted the Clothing Optional cruise on their site), why hasn't RCI notified the cruisers who previously booked that cruise? :confused:

And why is RCI still accepting bookings for the three April cruises that cannot take place with an April 6 full ship charter?? :eek:

C&A told me a few days ago that the Brilliance will be replacing the Jewel in Tampa for the winter caribbean season out of Tampa. No itineraries or pricing yet, just able to see first sailing Nov 6 2013 I believe was the date!!

That's too funny- just off Radiance Hawaii cruise where we were told Brilliance would be taking Jewels itineraries in 2014 and Jewel would be year round in Tampa!! Have to wait and see

That's too funny- just off Radiance Hawaii cruise where we were told Brilliance would be taking Jewels itineraries in 2014 and Jewel would be year round in Tampa!! Have to wait and see

Jewel being year round is an option still....they just didn't have anything loaded yet....going to be interesting for sure...

I was interested in the Brillance sailing, however, I was waiting for them to release information for late April, May - still nothing ! People are waiting for the Sunshine Project and I am waiting for April May 2013.

'

Dont think that will happen. The ships is going into drydock for 2-3 weeks at least. Then starts sailing from Europe on May 14th.

If Travel sites have been notified (and posted the Clothing Optional cruise on their site), why hasn't RCI notified the cruisers who previously booked that cruise? :confused:

Thats how they operate. They did the same thing last year. Kept booking our med trip fully aware that they would move the ship to Asia. Then cancelled our cruise and offered us an OBC.

• 10 months later...

Not sure if we're talking about the same cruise, but we are booked on Brilliance of the Seas out of San Juan April 13-23 Transatlantic to Lisbon. I just called Royal Caribbean and that cruise is not cancelled. Hope your cruise plans don't change.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I was booked on a charter April 13-20, 2013 on Brilliance out of San Juan. I got an email from our TA on April 25 stating Brilliance was going into dry dock early and our charter was moved to April 6-13. I don't know how RCCL was going to let their pax know. I am sure it is the truth because I trust my TA and if you look at their website or other travel sites, that date is not available. So, if you were booked for that week you need to do some checking. I didn't even think about it when I first got notified. At was first in a panic because of flight changes then realized I didn't have a flight res yet so I just left it go. However, today, I saw the M&M thread for that earlier sailing and thought, oh crap, there is a boat load of people who's reservations are going to be a mess :eek:

Not sure if we're talking about the same cruise, but we are booked on Brilliance of the Seas out of San Juan April 13-23 Transatlantic to Lisbon. I just called Royal Caribbean and that cruise is not cancelled. Hope your cruise plans don't change.

Miss Clooney, you resurrected a thread from last year...any changes were made in 2012.

Archived