3 day cruise...party cruise?

mommyto3nj

Carnival used to be known as a party cruise and while I know that's not the case anymore, would a shorter 3 day cruise in June (12th) be more of a party atmosphere? Would a family with an 18 and 17 year old feel out of place?

especially with early June with all the graduations. Try to avoid those shorter cruises at all costs.

People want their moneys worth and they get it. 3 days== you get on and dont even get a chance to relax coz its time to pack up and get off.

we have done 3 day cruises on both Carnival and Royal Caribbean and both can be a party environment but at the same time a cruise is what you make of it. Yes there will be more of a crowd of Boozers onboard but you can participate or not participate as much as you want. We have taken our now 8 yr old son on these and are comfortable with it. We are not big partiers or drinkers. Just remember to keep an open mind and enjoy you vacation.

I don't think your family will feel out of place, but then again it's up to you. There is a major party atmosphere on the shorter cruises. Even though we don't participate anymore, it wouldn't be a problem for me and the DH to go on one with our DS who is 18. He's a freshman in college and he won't see anything he hasn't seen on any of his past Spring Break cruises or at his frat house:D

By-the-way, Carnival is still very much widely known for being a party cruise line. But it's never stopped us from cruising her in the past nor will it in the future.

Edited by mousey

We did a 4 day RCL cruise last year followed with a 8 day Carnival cruise. I know Carnival has the party rep, but the shorter RCL cruise had much rowdier people. Nothing bad on either cruise, but it did seem the 4 day cruise had more partiers.

We did a 3 day on the imagination. It was def a party atmosphere..this was our first cruise tho so I dont have anything to compare it to. If anything DH and I had fun watching people lol. We have 3 kiddos and I was glad they werent with us. That being said there were other areas of the ship besides the bar/pool area that were not as crazy.

Our last cruise was a 4 day as we combined it with 4 days at Disney. We had 2 young kids with us and never felt like it was excessively loud or party atmosphere. We could still relax! We went in Feb though so not sure if that would make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did b2b on same ship. 4 day Sun - Thur and 3 day cruise Thur - Sun.

The weekend cruise was a major party cruise non stop...the 4 day during the week was much calmer. Weekend cruise had several bachelor parties.

3-day cruises are definitely still party cruises, and I would think even more so in the summer. Will your 17 and 18 year old feel out of place? Probably not. Would it be awkward for you as a parent? Maybe. It totally depends on your family dynamic and what you feel comfortable with.

Carnival used to be known as a party cruise and while I know that's not the case anymore, would a shorter 3 day cruise in June (12th) be more of a party atmosphere? Would a family with an 18 and 17 year old feel out of place?

I was recently on a 3 night cruise and I was very surprised to find it was not a party ship. I think it really depends when you are sailing. We went end of January, so it was an older crowd, some families, and a few party groups scattered in here and there.

June will most likely be a party atmosphere, since school is out.

Edited by Lucille Bluth