British Airport Transfers - need reviews

Our family of 6 used Eddie Manning to transfer is from Gatwick to the Kensington area of London. Our flight was 8 hours late becasue of the vocanic ash..so I was nervous when we arrived..but the driver was there waiting for us. It was a positive experience at a fair price. I would recommend them.

Edited by thecook

Ok, I'm going to weigh in here is well. Our group of eight arrived at Heathrow a few weeks ago, for a precruise stay in London. We arranged with Airport-Connect London to pick the eight of us up, with our luggage, and take us on an 8-hour tour of the main sites of London, and then drop us off at our hotel, also in Kensington. Jeff Palmer provided us with a very comfortable vehicle, as well as a prepaid cell phone to contact him whenever we were finished viewing each site and ready to be picked up and brought to the next site on our agenda. We were able to experience each attraction at our own speed, and budget our time ourselves.

Jeff was the perfect gentleman, helped us plan the agenda, and expertly delivered us to each venue with minimal waits for pickup. We crammed an awful lot into the one day, but with his help, we managed to see many of the most popular attractions. I've posted on another thread that we also used Airport-Connect London to visit Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath, the next day.

I would highly recommend Jeff and his company, and would use them again.

Sam

• 2 years later...

We are two couples from Toronto Canada that just returned from London England - Celebrity Infinity British Isles cruise June 3rd. I booked this company online after reading reviews and chose the option to pay U.S. cash to the driver. We were all amazed at the service and the reasonable rates of this company. I was impressed with the quick answers to the emails I sent them before our trip. Apparently they have approximately 200 cars and charged half the price of the company our friends use when in London.

Upon arrival to Gatwick airport, the driver wearing a professional suite was waiting for us with our names on a huge card. The driver also arrived early when he picked us up from our hotel in central London to the cruise port in Harwich. Again the driver was there when we exited the ship to take us to the hotel near the airport. We never had to wait. The estate van was what we ordered(four adults, four luggages, four carryons), extremely smooth ride, excellent drivers. Three times out of three, these drivers presented excellent services. It was the most pleasant, stress free experience. We all recommend this company highly.

• 4 weeks later...

We were 5 people arriving in Heathrow and going on to Paddington. We were delayed in immigration for 1-1/2 hours. The driver from British Airport Transfers called us to find out where we were. We told him we had about another 10 minutes on the line and then on to baggage claim. He waited patiently for us, loaded the van, and whisked us to the hotel. The online quoted price was what we paid. Our friends who were in two groups of 2 also used the company and were very pleased. One group went through immigration quickly and called the company to come earlier and they complied. The other group did not have a phone but waited for the driver to come and had no problem. We were pleased with the prices and the service.

Janice

• 2 years later...

It may be a vintage thread, but I am one of those booking a transfer for June 2016 so I will see if there is an fresh information.

I have bids from Blackberry Cars and Adelphi Executive Cars for a transfer from Tilbury to Gatwick. I am most concerned about reliability because our flight is a bit earlier than I would normally book. I would welcome reviews as well as any additional names.

Thanks

All private hire companies get good and bad reviews. It's a highly competitive market. They also change hand and divers come and go, so the best one in 2014 may be a disaster in 2016. They also post bad reviews on competitor's sites and good ones on their own (and elsewhere).

It's a bit of a lottery really, but you want a company that accepts cash after the ride, and one that allows a reasonable time for you to get through the formalities at LHR.