Buying Nappies / Diapers between Treviso airport and Venice port

OnlyMe

Does anyone know where we could buy nappies between Treviso Airport (we'll be staying nearby the night before our cruise so preferably near here would be best) or somewhere en-route to the cruise terminal?

Also, any chance anyone knows whether they have Pampers or Huggies? ... Would save a lot on luggage space if we can get them there.

Thanks for any help!

Number one rule I have for traveling with children. NEVER EVER count on being able to find what you will need. If it's a must have, bring it with you. Diapers can be crammed into many spaces in your luggage; pockets, inside shoes, etc. Second rule - bring twice as many as you think you will need.

Number one rule I have for traveling with children. NEVER EVER count on being able to find what you will need. If it's a must have, bring it with you. Diapers can be crammed into many spaces in your luggage; pockets, inside shoes, etc. Second rule - bring twice as many as you think you will need.

I realise that - that's why I'm trying to make sure in advance that I can get them:)

Of course I'll bring them if I need to but I'm sure babies in Italy also have disposable nappies so hopefully I'll be able to get them there and not use up our 15kg weight limit with nappies:)

When my daughter and her hubby took our so-cute-you-would -not-believe- it-grandson to Italy they packed a separate carry-on bag for him chocked full of diapers and some of his food. I forget how much she said diapers cost but 'brand' names were hard to find and she did not want to trust the other brands she could find. Since the baby was allowed a carry-on, why not???

When my daughter and her hubby took our so-cute-you-would -not-believe- it-grandson to Italy they packed a separate carry-on bag for him chocked full of diapers and some of his food. I forget how much she said diapers cost but 'brand' names were hard to find and she did not want to trust the other brands she could find. Since the baby was allowed a carry-on, why not???

Aaww, well I know one doteing grandparent that's for sure!:D

Last cruise we packed nappies, baby food, snacks etc etc - we had an entire carryon with just all that and to be honest, with our little fella so full of beans, with a buggy, our own carry on with cameras etc it was an absolute nightmare going through security and everything. The airport we fly from is unreal ... just horrible to get through ... so I was hoping I could limit the number of carryons we have to take ... if I have to check another bag I will but then I have the worry of it not getting there:rolleyes: ... but will split them between all bags if I need to

To your original point, yes, they have babies in Italy and they have all the stuff you'd expect to go with them - disposible diapers, wipes, formula, etc. However, you may not be able to get the exact brand you want, and that could be a problem.

Ahhhhh travelling with a small one. I remember those days :rolleyes:

My best advice would be to call the hotel you will be staying at. Ask them. Betcha they have an answer !

I think OP may be heading straight to the port after her flight?

I just did a little digging around, and there is, in fact, a store more-or-less between Treviso and Venice that has what you want.

There is a Carrefour hyper market in Marconi, which is only a little off the road you'd take to head to Venice (see map here: http://www.carrefour.it/supermercati-centri-commerciali-negozi.html)

According to their web site, they do carry Pampers, as well as Huggies and other brands (see here and scroll down to see brands: http://www.carrefour.it/search.html?searchQuery=pannolini&searchList=CTALL)

So maybe you can take some, but fill in once there.

I just did a little digging around, and there is, in fact, a store more-or-less between Treviso and Venice that has what you want.

There is a Carrefour hyper market in Marconi, which is only a little off the road you'd take to head to Venice (see map here: http://www.carrefour.it/supermercati-centri-commerciali-negozi.html)

According to their web site, they do carry Pampers, as well as Huggies and other brands (see here and scroll down to see brands: http://www.carrefour.it/search.html?searchQuery=pannolini&searchList=CTALL)

So maybe you can take some, but fill in once there.

Carrefour also owns the GS line of stores in Italy, one of these may be even closer (but will carry less).

I think OP may be heading straight to the port after her flight?

Please read the post again.......in parenthesis she states they will be staying near the airport the NIGHT before the cruise...... so a hotel is involved :D

Archived