2005, whats a guy to do?

RMS Olympic

I booked the Seabourn Pride for Decemeber 2005 to go up the Orinoco River in Venezuela.......under deposit and excited. What happens...the ship gets chartered and I get bounced.

Booked the Radisson Diamond for Sept 2005.....learned today she has been sold and is expected to leave for China in 5 months....to be a gambling ship.....so I should be getting a formal notice after the new year of the cruise being cancelled. So that leaves me with the RSVP cruise in Feb......if that gets cancelled I give up.

So now its back to the planning boards for a special cruise in 2005.....maybe trying Crystal....any comments on that line? Sounds stuffy, but I saw the Harmony in St Marten early this month and she looked very nice.

Oh well, hope everyone elses plans for the New Year go without a hitch.

I booked the Seabourn Pride for Decemeber 2005 to go up the Orinoco River in Venezuela.......under deposit and excited. What happens...the ship gets chartered and I get bounced.

Booked the Radisson Diamond for Sept 2005.....learned today she has been sold and is expected to leave for China in 5 months....to be a gambling ship.....so I should be getting a formal notice after the new year of the cruise being cancelled. So that leaves me with the RSVP cruise in Feb......if that gets cancelled I give up.

So now its back to the planning boards for a special cruise in 2005.....maybe trying Crystal....any comments on that line? Sounds stuffy, but I saw the Harmony in St Marten early this month and she looked very nice.

Oh well, hope everyone elses plans for the New Year go without a hitch.

OK – see previous thread. Island Princess, 15 days to Hawaii. 4/19. Hurry – call your TA. :D :D

There’s a poster on the Princess board – and I think who has posted here – who did back to back cruises, one on Dawn Princess, the next on Crystal … something. Anyway, he felt good about the Crystal cruise – he didn’t think it to be stuffy at all. So maybe you have no worries there.

Sorry to hear about your plans, but don’t fret the RSVP cruise – I think it would take the sinking of the ship to stop that one…

Capt Tom--

Sorry to hear about your bad luck...

I'm certain that there is NO WAY the RSVP cruises are gonna be cancelled - Feb sold out so damned fast this year, and Alaska has been waitlisted for the past couple months...

...and the '06 schedule is due to be announced @ mid January:D

Yes I am looking into other sailings although the Itinerary is important to me. If I am sailing this product I want to experience as much as I can and not be off the ship so much that I onlyuse it to eat and sleep in between land excursions.

I must admit I would like to try them...we shall see.

2006...yes I am anxiously awaiting the schedules. I am hoping that there will be a Hawaii trip planned. RSVP seems to go after the Holland America ships....the new Nordam will enter service Feb 22, so they might try to charter her in the March time frame which would mean scheduling something different for February....

I was going to book the the maiden voyage of the Nordam, but srubbed that in favour of a Gay cruise in Feb.

I might even consider..shudder the thought an Atlantis cruise if they do Hawaii...even if its on the new Pride of America with NCL...nasty cruise line.

So I wll keep my fingers crossed as to the 2006 selection!

Best wishes for a happy holiday season.

Tom the nasty cruiser.

My partner and I have taken 3 Crystal cruises in the past year and a half. Met lots of FOD on all of the ships. Staff is incredible, really go out of their way for you. We took the Harmony to Mexico and China, the Symphony to the Baltic. Very nice crowd on both. Not stuffy, but a crowd that is comfortable and used to finer things.

Happy Holidays!

I will drop you a line this evening.

I have ideas for 2005 which you might be interested in.....like the first week of December.

Miss you guys.....gee, I sure hope this is the scrumptious doc from the Star Clipper and his wonderful other half! :^)

Spoke to my TA about your dream Island, Guana......she knew all about it!!!!!!! and when I said you guys took me to this incredible place in St Kitss...what does she say...it must have been Ottleys Plantation......she says its the best! Thats why shes the best TA.

Later sweets.

The Symphony is great. Not sure if you've been on since the refit, but if you haven't you'll be impresssed with the larger sauna and steam rooms and locker area. I was on the Symphony twice in the Baltic. Maybe you were the hunks I met on the Baltic cruise few years ago. <G>

Howard- FL

• 5 months later...

Hi, Capt. Tom!

I was also booked on the Seabourn! I'm totally bummed out...

Although I've mainly taken Radisson, I'm now thinking of the Caribbean Princess for Sept. 2005. Too bad about the Diamond. It was incredible!!!

Anyway, I was on the Grand Princess back in 2001 and, even as a single guy, actually had a great time. You might consider it.

Good luck!

After the bump off the Seabourn trip, I booked the Radisson Diamond...then she was sold. So I wound up booking the Radisson Voyager for a Dec 5 sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. Of all things it turns out to be a Chocolate lovers cruise. Gee, I can think of something I have never dipped in chocolate......yeah, you know daddy wants it...LOL.

Carib Princess...yes I actually discusse this with my TA, but aving booked the Atlantis trip for next Feb to Rio...the bank is now busted.

Maybe Seabourn next summer.......I am looking at the itineraries at the moment......I just wish I could find a trip where there would be some great dining companions......what to do, what to do.

Hey McBoo....send some photos of your cruises on Seabourn to wet my appetite for this product.

:eek: Wow Captain Tom

Are you made of money??????

:eek:

Too bad you couldn't make it on the Atlantis European Cruises

Rodraad just recently cleared Barcelona - Athens ... to his delightful surprise

Anybody else going?????????:) :D

Hi Capt.

I opted out of the Atlantis October cruise...too much time away from work, too soon....

But if you book the Seabourn Legend, April 9-16 (St. Thomas rd trip), I'd be a wiling dinner partner!

Just a thought; don't know how the status of the rooms are now. I got a 110% single surcharge over book rate (not discounted), but decided to splurge.... Best to check with Seabourn directly if you're interested!

Paul, who can't conceive up dipping anything so precious in hot chocolate! :eek:

RodRaad...had the Atlantis trip been posted at the time I might have considered it......but chose the Atlantis cruise to Mexico instead.

Made of money...no way, just prioritize, save, etc.. Unlike you gorgeous guys I don't have to spend money on hair care products......just a buzz every 10 days.

808......April will be way to close after the Rio trip which will break the bank. I am sniffing around the July August time frame next year for a trip......must admit going to Mykonos is on my mind......see what RodRaad left standing.

Seabourn is pricy in Europe and I would probably look ar radisson first.

Had planned on going to Fiji on Blue Lagoon cruises...but the latest Out Traveler magazine had a note about an Australian and local being arrested for .........between 2 consenting adults.........has made me think twice...not that I plan to be "festive" but this story has me concerned.

RodRaad...booked the BOBO hotel in Buenos AIres......now looking into a walking tour of the city by gay guide.........check out http://www.gayguide.com/ar

its full of info on Buenos Aires....and who are you traveling with? You keep saying we.....did you marry?

808....born Sept 30 were you.........look out.

Dan:

Watch out, sure, but we're sooo easy to deal with, being so "balanced" and all.... [Hey, I may be "easy", but I ain't cheap!] :cool:

Capt.:

Sorry about your scheduling; I'm feeling it, too. Guess I'll have to wait to get my buzz ruffed up for another time! (what little I've got left is cut short...no sense in trying to fool anyone!) ;)

Paul

Really sorry to hear about the Pride. But if you wait until after the new year to sail Seabourn, all three of the triplets will have finished their dry dock makeover.

We leave on July 3rd, London-London to the Norwegian fjords and Northern capitals. We too love the days at sea, or small ports, as to enjoy the ship.

Just got the new catalog for 2006 and there are some great cruises. Let us know if we can be of help.

"808...born Sept 30 were you.....look out."

You gotta watch out for us Libras! :)

Host Dan

LOL--

My Dad is a Sept 30 Libra!

:eek:

So Tom - What's happening for '06?

Wanna do the HAL Group Cruise w/ us next Fall?

There's quite a few of us coming!

;)

I'm also looking for a roomie to share my Navigation Deck SS on the RSVP B2B in Feb/Mar...

...and I don't snore!

:D

Rodraad...Evita.....yes! Its funny, that other gay site lists walking tours as well with a gay guide yet. I am looking into a tour for the day of arrival. Since the American flight gets in at about 7:30 am, I figure bt noon I would be ready to go. The hotel I have chosen,,,,,BoBo Hotel is in the Palermo area which is suppose to be nice...and is in the area of the Evita tour......convenient. So count me in! I must admit I want to do as much as I can on this trip...evry minute not spent sleeping mudt be filled with new experiences.....why not.

BEPSF...HAL in the Fall of 2006? If it is September...there goes that month again....I could do it. Late October is already set for the RSVP cruise on the Princess ship. HAL...I hope its one of the smaller ships...the Westerdam class is soooo not HAL.....hey I am a picky bit-- when it comes to the things I ride on...I mean sail on.....squuuuuze me!!!!

As to Seabourn.........2006, did not see anything except a Caribbean cruise in Dec......barbados to Venezuela...looks very interesting. Now if I can find a rental husband...did I say that, you know a dinner companion.....yeah thats the ticket....maybe I could scrape the $$$ together to go. If not a Panama canal cruise in Feb of 2007 would be fabbbbbbbbbb. But 2 weeks on a Seabourn shipmight be pushing the limits.....could the creww keep running as I chase.......2 weeks on a ship and ones horns do grow you know.

Archived