Cancelling Excursions with Princess

Randyxl

We pre-booked an excursion on-line for our Princess cruise next month, and now looking to make a change to a different one. Have others done this and how is this best accomplished?

Appreciate your advice.

Randy:confused:

You can cancel the booking online as well. As I recall you go into Cruise Personalizer, click Shore Excursions and then "edit" the reservations. Once there you can delete and it will be like a distant memory. It was pretty intuitive when I tried. (If you are replacing one-for-one, you might want to book the new one before deleting the old to be safe.)

I think Cruise Personalizer won't let you make changes after a certain point and then you need to cancel/book while onboard and according to the ship's deadlines.

I am not sure what the deadline is, but we are going on the Island Princess August 7th and just this morning I was able to go into the cruise personalizer and book a new tour. We sail in about 15 days.

Mary Lou :)

the ship's deadline is usually 24 hours prior to an excursion for cancellation.

They usually have a box near the tour desk that you can drop the cancellations or reservations in, but when I'm cancelling, I usually try to hand it directly to one of the tour staff, so I know they got it.

We've cancelled excursions several times with no problems. If you can't use the personalizer to cancel, then the earlier you cancel on board the better it is for people who are wait listed for excursions.

We cancelled the day before an excursion, and it was less than 24 hours. We had taken the scenic Princess train from Fairbanks to Denali, then Denali to Talkeetna. Then we took a bus to Whittier. By then we had had enough of sitting and looking at scenery, so we cancelled the White Pass/Yukon 8 hour trip we'd reserved. There was no problem. But then, the train holds a couple of hundred people, I think.

However, smaller trips like a helicopter flight or floatplane tour may result in cancellation of the whole tour due to low numbers. Most of these things are last-minute decisions. My husband's helicopter tour at Denali was cancelled at the last minute due to weather. He scheduled one for the morning at Mt. McKinley Lodge and it almost didn't go because only two people had signed up. They found two more to go (the afternoon tour passengers) and off they went.

I wouldn't worry. Where you may find problems is scheduling something when you get to the ship. They always have postings of cancelled or full trips so your choices may be limited.

Still if you can make your arrangements ahead, that would be best.

Archived