Hotels in Tomball, Texas

Michealcole

Hi! My work demands very frequent travel to Houston in Texas. I am searching for a good hotel with all facilities as I am dissatisfied with the current hotel where I usually put up. I do not mind staying at a place which might be a little away from proper Houston, but am looking for impeccable service and hospitality. Any suggestions?

I go to Houston often. I stay in different hotels everytime. My work requires me to move around a lot in Houston, so I am on the look out for a hotel with reasonable rates which is centrally located and well connected so that my commuting time is reduced. At the same time the hotel should have all the latest, state of the art amenities.

I am a doctor by profession and specialize in cardio-vascular diseases. I will be attending a conference in Tomball, being organized by the Tomball Regional Medical Center next month. My family will be accompanying me in my trip. While I will be busy at work my family will be staying back at the hotel and may take a local tour of Tomball. I need to put up at a hotel with good amenities so that my family can keep themselves busy while I am away. The hotel should also be centrally located and well connected.

Do you mean Tomball Texas? If so, it appears to be near Houston.

I've done a lot of traveling to a business destination northwest of Dallas and have stayed in a variety of Texas accommodations. My advice would be as follows:

1) Be prepared to drive. If Tomball is as small as it sounds (the major hotels are La Quinta, Holiday Inn, Comfort Suites, etc.), you should consider seeking out a 4+ star hotel and driving back and forth to your conference.

2) Be prepared to rent a second car for your family to get around too. Check out the attractions that they might like to see in the Houston area - an amusement park, a ball game, NASA, etc.

3) Buy a good map of greater Houston. Texas is designed for driving, so it won't be that difficult to get around. There is virtually no public transportation.

My destination in Texas was a small town (500 people - more cattle than people) between Dallas and Fort Worth. We always tried to stay at the Four Seasons in Irving which was 20+ miles away. The restaurants were much better and you could run into downtown Dallas in the evening. The hotel was magnificent - pool, spa, fitness, and golf - but those amusements lasted just so long. After a while, we just had to get into the car and go somewhere else.

Hopefully, someone from the Houston area will post with some specific recommendations.

I go to Houston often. I stay in different hotels everytime. My work requires me to move around a lot in Houston, so I am on the look out for a hotel with reasonable rates which is centrally located and well connected so that my commuting time is reduced. At the same time the hotel should have all the latest, state of the art amenities.

This is on the Florida board, so you may want to post on the Gulf board. There are many Texans that hang out there and I'm sure they will offer several options for you.

Howdy Michealcole! 50.gif Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Your three threads on incorrect forums have been moved to the correct forum and merged into one thread.

I sincerely hope this information will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Michealcole - You've presented three very different scenarios for what you are looking for in a hotel. Could you give us more details? What hotel have you stayed in that you are dissatisfied with? What is your budget - are you looking for "reasonable rates" or "impeccable service and hospitality"? What kind of hotel amenities do you want for your family?

I grew up in Tomball and live near there now. Off the top of my head I can think of La Quinta & Comfort Suites as the only major hotels in the actual city of Tomball. There may be others nearby. Tomball is about 30 miles north of Houston. Let me know if you have any add'l questions.

Tomball is about a 10-15 minute drive north of the Willowbrook/Champions area. This is where the HP local headquarters are. When the TPC Championship was held at Champions golf course a few years ago, most of the pros stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Houston Northwest. Including Tiger Woods. So I'm guessing this is one of the nicer places. I've never stayed in any because I live in the area.

http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=HOUHNGI

You will need a car to get around, but many restaurants and shops are in the area. Tomball does have some antique shops, but it is definitely a small town.

Archived