meet and greet before cruise out of Galveston

oldmedic

any Galvestonions have suggestions for a good place for a meet and greet for dinner/drinks on a Saturday evening prior to sailing out on Sunday? I am not sure what has reopened and what hasn't ... thanks!!

What time of year would you be looking at? Would it be for your September Conquest cruise that you have in your signature? If so, that's still a great time to be outside. Also, should we place more emphasis on the eating part, or the drinking? :) The only reason I ask is because there are great places to sit on Seawall and drink that have ok but not fantastic food. Then, there are other places that have fantastic food, but aren't so big on drinking ambience. Here are my suggestions:

For drinking:

The Spot (Seawall; outdoor seating; burgers, fries, seafood)

Tortuga (Seawall; outdoor seating; ok tex-mex food)

Salsa's (Seawall; no outdoor seating; good margs; ok tex-mex food)

Yaga's (Strand; outdoor seating; fun atmosphere; burgers, pizzas, etc)

For eating:

Gaido's (Seawall; no outdoor seating; good, pricy seafood)

Casey's (Sewall next to Gaido's; outdoor seating; good seafood)

Olympia Grill (Seawall; no outdoor seating; great Greek food) (soon to open is Olympia 21, which will be right near the cruise terminal)

Mosquito Cafe (14th street; limited indoor/outdoor seating; good, interesting food)

Original Mexican (14th street; no outdoor seating; good tex-mex food)

That's all I can think of for now. I'll post back if I think of more places. I'm not really a fine dining kind of person though, so if you're looking for that, perhaps Galvestoncruiser or someone else can assist you. As a general rule, just about everything is open on Seawall. Downtown is nearing 50%, but there are still key players like Rudy and Paco (opening soon) and Luigi's (may not open) that are still closed.

The Spot is a really fun place to hang out for a pre cruise M&M. Some very interesting locals go there. Check it out on the Galveston web cam! We spent half the day there before our cruise and had so much fun...got there when they opened so we could have good seating and then just hung out most of the day. Dot

Yes, definitely get to the Spot early if it's a nice day. It fills up FAST. Lately, mostly with bikers. They're stealing all of my outdoor bars!!:mad: No, seriously though, it's a fun place, but get there early if you'll need a bunch of seats.

BARS inaddition

Safari Beach Bar on seawall at around 6th street

(there was free shrimp at happy hour friday nites...still?)

Small but good little bar with palapa deck.

Woodys out on west beach just past where the Seawall ends.

Bar at Holiday Inn Sunspree with palapa deck 17th and seawall

H20 outdoor bar around pool at San Luis Hotel

Piano bar inside SanLuis is really nice for relaxing ans dancing later in evening.

Sky Bar -21st Postoffice street downtown. Martinis and Sushi

All the Irish Pubs downtown.

Third Coast on seawall near spot. A straight and gay bar.

Bacchus Wine Bar on Strand downtown great new place.

The Spot is close to opening a upscale bar at same location.

What time of year would you be looking at? Would it be for your September Conquest cruise that you have in your signature? If so, that's still a great time to be outside. Also, should we place more emphasis on the eating part, or the drinking? :) The only reason I ask is because there are great places to sit on Seawall and drink that have ok but not fantastic food. Then, there are other places that have fantastic food, but aren't so big on drinking ambience. Here are my suggestions:

For drinking:

The Spot (Seawall; outdoor seating; burgers, fries, seafood)

Tortuga (Seawall; outdoor seating; ok tex-mex food)

Salsa's (Seawall; no outdoor seating; good margs; ok tex-mex food)

Yaga's (Strand; outdoor seating; fun atmosphere; burgers, pizzas, etc)

For eating:

Olympia Grill (Seawall; no outdoor seating; great Greek food) (soon to open is Olympia 21, which will be right near the cruise terminal)

Mosquito Cafe (14th street; limited indoor/outdoor seating; good, interesting food)

That's all I can think of for now. I'll post back if I think of more places. I'm not really a fine dining kind of person though, so if you're looking for that, perhaps Galvestoncruiser or someone else can assist you. As a general rule, just about everything is open on Seawall. Downtown is nearing 50%, but there are still key players like Rudy and Paco (opening soon) and Luigi's (may not open) that are still closed.

For eating:

Was just going to post a similar question!

Weekend of April 4th- KID FRIENDLY - We'd like something that is typically Texan.. I guess Tex-Mex might fill the bill. Any of the above a good choice? Seawall area is good, but we'll have a car so distance it not critical.

Was just going to post a similar question!

Weekend of April 4th- KID FRIENDLY - We'd like something that is typically Texan.. I guess Tex-Mex might fill the bill. Any of the above a good choice? Seawall area is good, but we'll have a car so distance it not critical.

All listed are great and kid friendly. Mosquito has outdoor sitting also if weather permits.

BARS inaddition

Safari Beach Bar on seawall at around 6th street

(there was free shrimp at happy hour friday nites...still?)

Small but good little bar with palapa deck.

Woodys out on west beach just past where the Seawall ends.

Bar at Holiday Inn Sunspree with palapa deck 17th and seawall

H20 outdoor bar around pool at San Luis Hotel

Piano bar inside SanLuis is really nice for relaxing ans dancing later in evening.

Sky Bar -21st Postoffice street downtown. Martinis and Sushi

All the Irish Pubs downtown.

Third Coast on seawall near spot. A straight and gay bar.

Bacchus Wine Bar on Strand downtown great new place.

The Spot is close to opening a upscale bar at same location.

Much to my dismay, Safari discontinued the free shrimp at happy hour last summer. The beer's still cold though, so I still go! :D

Archived