The Majesty of the seas 4 night bahamas cruise review!

I always enjoy reading as many reviews as I can before I go on a cruise so I am hoping this one is very informative and fun to read as well.

Myself and my girl friend Monica booked a cruise on the Majesty of the seas. We flew into Miami on May 12th which was a Saturday.

May 12 Saturday-

Got into FLL at about noon. We hopped in our rental car and headed straight for the beach! South Beach that is.

Here is a picture of myself and of my beautiful girlfriend Monica. I have way more pictures of her than I do of myself and Im sure most everyone would rather look at her than me!

100_0021.jpg

100_0003.jpg

100_0018.jpg

We went right off 7th street and there seemed to be lots of younger people having a great time at this location.

100_0006.jpg

It was rather windy that day on the beach and the waves were kind of big but it was still an awesome start to the vacation.

We stayed at the beach until about 4-5pm and then we headed over to my dad's house in Kendall about 30 minutes away. Had a great dinner and then went over to Bayside Marketplace. Monica had never been there but I used to live in Florida for 14 years so I have been many times.

100_0033.jpg

100_0035.jpg

100_0036.jpg

100_0037.jpg

May 13th Sunday-

The next next morning we drove down to John Penekamp State park to do some snorkeling. I have been diving since I was 17 but monica has never even snorkeled. I taught her in our pool before this vacation and she did great. Again it was windy and not ideal conditions but still fun. The rest of the vacation the seas were VERY calm.

100_0053.jpg

100_0054.jpg

100_0043.jpg

100_0087.jpg

After snorkeling we built up a pretty large appetite so we went over to Key's Fisheries (Hook line and sinker bar) in Marathon for some lunch.

I had a fantastic grouper sandwich and a dozen stone crab claws. This restaurant is the BEST place for eating fish in the FLorida keys. And during stone crab season they have $1.25 claws. That is the cheapest anywhere! And they were so good! I was so stuffed but I just had to have a sandwich and the claws. It went well with the adult beverages also.

ab7b9f0c.jpg

After eating we went over to the Sunset Grill at the 7mile bridge in Marathon and had a few more drinks and waited for the sunset.

100_0096.jpg

100_0100.jpg

May 14th Monday- The cruise starts!

Dropped the rental off at Miami airport and took a taxi over to the port. $25 taxi ride was pretty quick and painless. Getting on the ship was easy. Took about 20 minutes total.

I had 4 coke zeros in my backpack and a zip lock bag full of sun screen aloe lotion, and some other assorted things. So I guess all the liquid alerted the x-ray lady to search my bag. She looked in the bag and checked the coke zero plastic bottles lids. She looked at the zip lock bag and ignored the rum runner I had in my carry on. I also had lots of rum runners and shambooze all throughout our 3 checked bags. All of it was smuggled successfully.

The first view of the ship!

100_0102.jpg

Successful smuggling

100_0116.jpg

100_0113.jpg

100_0114.jpg

For all you chair hogging people!

100_0118.jpg

Leaving Miami

100_0133.jpg

We walked around the ship and pretty much checked everything out. Its an easy ship to find your way around. The last crusie I went on back in 2002 was on the voyager of the seas and it was HUGE. THis ship was much easier to find my way through.

100_0106.jpg

100_0107.jpg

Getting ready for our first dinner on board.

100_0138.jpg

Chorus Line Theater. We saw a very funny comedian on the first night before our late 9pm dinner.

100_0147.jpg

May 15th Nassau Bahamas-

My girl friend wanted to see Atlantis. I would rather not spend $119 per person there but she wanted it and I wanted to please her. Plus Im going on an all guys diving trip in the Florida keys next month so I had to kiss some butt and this was a good opportunity to do that.

I actually had a great time at Atlantis. It rained for a couple hours but the rest of the time it was beautiful. Its an amazing resort and the aquarium stuff is amazing.

100_0169.jpg

5 ships in Nassau

100_0162.jpg

We took the water taxi to Paradise island for $4. Don't buy a return water taxi ticket. They tricked me into buying one but next time I wont because there is a free shuttle back to the ship provided by the hotel. The guide on the water taxi was pretty entertaining though.

Nassau is a lot like Mexico. The people there all try and sell you stuff and bother you as soon as you get off the boat! Kind of annoying but expected. I was also annoyed by the picture guys from the ship. They seemed to be everywhere begging for you to pose for pictures.

We had to follow this guy to the water taxi.

100_0155.jpg

Amazing Lobby at Atlantis

100_0173.jpg

Huge fish tank

100_0185.jpg

100_0197.jpg

100_0198.jpg

We had a great time at Atlantis. Stayed there until about 7pm. We bought a few souvenirs and headed back to the ship.

Pouring some "shampoo" into my coke cup.

100_0287.jpg

towel monkey!

100_0292.jpg

I was expecting formal night to be the secodn night but it turns out its the third night now. The second night was the midnight buffet and the pool "white" party. The midnight buffet was awesome. I was pretty drunk by that time but I remember eating some great corn dogs.

100_0294.jpg

100_0295.jpg

100_0296.jpg

Party at the pool!

100_0302.jpg

This was the stairs near our room on deck 5. I loved being on deck 5 because it was close to everything.

100_0305.jpg

100_0306.jpg

May 16th CocoCay-

Got into cococay and the seas were dead calm. It was perfect except for the lack of sun. But they may have been a blessing in disguise because I didnt get sun burn.

We had a huge breakfast as usual on the ship and got on the tender at about 9:30am.

100_0351.jpg

100_0355.jpg

100_0350.jpg

100_0363.jpg

100_0380-Copy.jpg

If you enjoy snorkeling dont stay in the little lagoon area. Its so murky in there from all the people walking around. The best area is out from the beach to the left towards the life guard stand. Then once you get to the life guard stand area head towards the ship and snorkel out there. I went all the way out to the orange boundary buoys and it was about 30 feet deep and very nice. The guy at the life guard stand will feed the fish dried cat food and they swarm there like crazy. It was fun.

The lunch was pretty good at cococay too. Ribs, burgers, hotdogs, and some other stuff. We also had a cocoloco frozen drink which was tasty.

back to the ship.

100_0385.jpg

The compass deli is probably the best place to eat on the ship. The sandwiches are awesome and the crepes are even better. We tried one of each. It seems that no one knows this place exists because its usually empty. Maybe I shouldnt tell anyone about it because I like having it to myself!

Here is one of the crepes from the compass deli.

100_0386.jpg

Here is a picture of a picture...lol

100_0397.jpg

Day 4 Key West-

We went over to the Mel Fisher treasure museum and it was pretty entertaining. I hadnt been there in many years so it was like new to me. I go to Key West 1-2 times a year and love it there.

100_0408.jpg

Roosters are everywhere in Key West

100_0410.jpg

100_0411.jpg

We decided to do our own version of a pub crawl and managed to hit about 7-8 bars and in a couple of the bars we had more than one drink!

Hogs breath

100_0417.jpg

Sloppy Joes

100_0420.jpg

Ricks

100_0424.jpg

Lazy Gecko

100_0429.jpg

Irish Kevins

100_0434.jpg

Flying Monkey- This place has some great frosen drinks. I had a couple grain trains and a cigar and I dont even smoke! lol

100_0440.jpg

100_0435.jpg

Bathroom picture

100_0433.jpg

I have lots of video from this pub crawl and it is pretty entertaining but littered with foul language! We over did it with the drinking that day but it was still fun. Even stopped into Jack Flats for a grouper sandwich.

100_0447.jpg

We got back on the ship and had a 2-3 hour nap. We woke up super hung over and went to Johnny Rockets for a burger. The burger was great and my girlfriend had a fun time doing the dance thing with the waiters. They all do a twist dance in front of the customers. I got some great video of it.

Then we pretty much just hung out and got over our pub crawl hangovers and went to bed. Got up the next day and had breakfast then got off the ship.

We took a shuttle back to Miami airport and picked up a rental car. There was all kinds of transportation at the port. We got offered $15 for both of us to get to MIA airport. And rental cars are dirt cheap in Miami/Ft Lauderdale. I paid like $19.99 a day for our rental.

I rented a car and we went up to Fort Lauderdale to hang out on the beach for a few hours before our 4:50pm flight back to Dallas from FLL. We had lunch at Millers Ale House (My favorite Florida restaurant) and flew back home.

This was Monica's first cruise and my first cruise in 10 years. This definitely wont be our last. The service was awesome and we had such a great time. We missed lots of the shows and only ate in the MDR twice but it didnt matter because we were never hungry and were always entertained.

I plan on going on a cruise next year but on a large ship to try something different.

Lazy Gecko

100_0429.jpg

Irish Kevins

100_0434.jpg

Flying Monkey- This place has some great frosen drinks. I had a couple grain trains and a cigar and I dont even smoke! lol

100_0440.jpg

100_0435.jpg

Bathroom picture

100_0433.jpg

I have lots of video from this pub crawl and it is pretty entertaining but littered with foul language! We over did it with the drinking that day but it was still fun. Even stopped into Jack Flats for a grouper sandwich.

100_0447.jpg

We got back on the ship and had a 2-3 hour nap. We woke up super hung over and went to Johnny Rockets for a burger. The burger was great and my girlfriend had a fun time doing the dance thing with the waiters. They all do a twist dance in front of the customers. I got some great video of it.

Then we pretty much just hung out and got over our pub crawl hangovers and went to bed. Got up the next day and had breakfast then got off the ship.

We took a shuttle back to Miami airport and picked up a rental car. There was all kinds of transportation at the port. We got offered $15 for both of us to get to MIA airport. And rental cars are dirt cheap in Miami/Ft Lauderdale. I paid like $19.99 a day for our rental.

I rented a car and we went up to Fort Lauderdale to hang out on the beach for a few hours before our 4:50pm flight back to Dallas from FLL. We had lunch at Millers Ale House (My favorite Florida restaurant) and flew back home.

This was Monica's first cruise and my first cruise in 10 years. This definitely wont be our last. The service was awesome and we had such a great time. We missed lots of the shows and only ate in the MDR twice but it didnt matter because we were never hungry and were always entertained.

I plan on going on a cruise next year but on a large ship to try something different.

+1 on Miller's Ale House. I usually fly down for NASCAR championship weekend in Homestead in Nov. and we usually late night at Miller's since there is one right next to our hotel. Good food, cheap beer and a heck of a good time. Thanks for the pics, can't wait to get back on Majesty in Sept.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived