Fairstar Cruise Easter 1989

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:37 PM.
2 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
I am looking for the dates of a Fairstar Cruuse out of Sydney that was was around
Easter/Schol holidays 1989, it was approx 10/11 days which went to Port Vila,
Mystery Island, Isle of Pines & Noumea.

Roger
230 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Hi Roger,

The 1989 Easter Cruise on FAIRSTAR was a 10-night cruise which left Sydney 23rd March, 1989. After transiting the Boulari-Havannah Passage (26/03), she called at Vila (27/03), Mystery Island (28/03), Isle of Pines (29/03) and Noumea (29-30/03), return to Sydney was 2nd April. You will note that she over-knighted in Noumea, arriving at 10.00pm after a 4.00pm departure the same day from Isle of Pines.

Trust this may be of assistance
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
David,
Sydney, Australia

Voyages
Orsova, Eagle, Australis, Oriana, Fairstar, Abel Tasman, Belorusiya, Canberra, Pacific Guardian, Sea Princess (I), Belorussiya, Belorussiya, Abel Tasman, Abel Tasman, Sea Princess (I), Achille Lauro, Mikhail Sholokhov, Azerbaydzhan, Belorussiya, Spirit of Tasmania, Fair Princess, Pacific Sky, Pacific Sky, Pacific Sun, Pacific Star, Pacific Sun, Pacific Sun, Sun Princess, Dawn Princess, Athena, Sun Princess, Dawn Princess, Pacific Dawn, Dawn Princess, Pacific Pearl, Pacific Pearl, Pacific Jewel, Carnival Spirit, Pacific Dawn, Pacific Pearl, Pacific Jewel, Voyager of the Seas, Carnival Spirit, Ruby Princess, Pacific Pearl, Pacific Pearl, Rhapsody of the Seas, Diamond Princess, Astor, Sea Princess(II), Diamond Princess, Golden Princess, Sea Princess (II), Carnival Spirit, Pacific Aria, Pacific Pearl, Viking Idi, Emerald Princess, Pacific Eden, Pacific Jewel, Carnival Spirit, Sun Princess, Pacific Explorer
Tarzana (San Fernando Valley), CA
4,764 Posts
Joined May 2000
This link probably won't help with Princess that much, but you might find it interesting...

http://www.ssmaritime.com/fair2.htm

Keep in mind that Sitmar had a newbuild (the Fairstar) in progress in 1988 when they were sold to Princess. The Fairstar never sailed under that name being renamed the Star Princess by Princess.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Host Walt
(Walt Tuthill)
Cruise Critic Message Board Host

To contact me, [email protected]
230 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by Host Walt
This link probably won't help with Princess that much, but you might find it interesting...

http://www.ssmaritime.com/fair2.htm

Keep in mind that Sitmar had a newbuild (the Fairstar) in progress in 1988 when they were sold to Princess. The Fairstar never sailed under that name being renamed the Star Princess by Princess.
Actually, the 'Newbuild' was Sitmar FairMajesty which ultimately became Star Princess and prior to recently becoming the Columbus of CMV, she was Pacific Pearl in the Australian market.

Fairstar did indeed serve the Sitmar brand, she first arrived in Australia as a migrant ship in the 1960's before becoming a full time cruise ship in 1972. She was based in Sydney for all of her cruising career and became something of an icon until being despatched to the breakers in 1997.

Cheers,
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
David,
Sydney, Australia

Voyages
Orsova, Eagle, Australis, Oriana, Fairstar, Abel Tasman, Belorusiya, Canberra, Pacific Guardian, Sea Princess (I), Belorussiya, Belorussiya, Abel Tasman, Abel Tasman, Sea Princess (I), Achille Lauro, Mikhail Sholokhov, Azerbaydzhan, Belorussiya, Spirit of Tasmania, Fair Princess, Pacific Sky, Pacific Sky, Pacific Sun, Pacific Star, Pacific Sun, Pacific Sun, Sun Princess, Dawn Princess, Athena, Sun Princess, Dawn Princess, Pacific Dawn, Dawn Princess, Pacific Pearl, Pacific Pearl, Pacific Jewel, Carnival Spirit, Pacific Dawn, Pacific Pearl, Pacific Jewel, Voyager of the Seas, Carnival Spirit, Ruby Princess, Pacific Pearl, Pacific Pearl, Rhapsody of the Seas, Diamond Princess, Astor, Sea Princess(II), Diamond Princess, Golden Princess, Sea Princess (II), Carnival Spirit, Pacific Aria, Pacific Pearl, Viking Idi, Emerald Princess, Pacific Eden, Pacific Jewel, Carnival Spirit, Sun Princess, Pacific Explorer