Prime C / Aqualina Menus (Updated 1/14)

Andy

Dear Bill - you beg the question. Why is Azamara passing along to the passengers a tax that may be capricious, differs from one EU country to another and not readily understood when a modest increase in the fare could cover it?

You are so right! A luxury cruise used to mean you did not have to wonder about such details. You paid a little more up front (and still do) but you knew that was your total charge. No need to check a final bill or possible errors at the end of the cruise. No need to worry about disputed items.

Maybe it is just not worth it anymore.

Hello Feje, Alligatorgirl and others -

While I understand your point about "nickel and diming" with respect to our passing on the European Union tax that is levied on the specialty restaurant surcharge when we visit those countries in light of Larry Pimentel's vision to provide a much more-inclusive tariff structure, it is important also to realize that Azamara is not an "all-inclusive" brand.

Although we've become "more-inclusive," our tariffs are not "all-inclusive." It's the subtle distinction between "all-inclusive" and "complimentary." The amenities we list in our brochures and on our website are complimentary. If guests prefer something else, there will be an additional charge. As an example, we will offer select, standard spirits. If you prefer a top-shelf brand, you will have to pay a surcharge for it. Our Discovery Restaurant is complimentary. If guests would like to dine in our Specialty restaurants, there will be an additional charge. It is a choice our guests have. We simply offer a variety of inclusive amenities.

That fact explains why we state in our terms and conditions that "our tariffs do not include applicable government taxes, fees or surcharges that may be assessed by any governmental or quasi-governmental agencies. Such assessment is subject to change without notice at any time, regardless of whether you have a confirmed booking under deposit or have made a final payment."

I noticed the comment that "a modest increase in the fare could cover it" but in other deployment areas this tax is a non-issue and the $25 per person surcharge is perceived to offer value. Since we are not "all-inclusive" any further fare adjustments might be perceived negatively.

It's an imperfect world and regardless of what I've just stated, some of you will not agree with my explanation of the situation. Nevertheless, I hope that it has given you at least a better perspective of our current thinking.

Thank you for your time and effort to share your opinions.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have been to many "All Inclusive" hotels, some of them among the best in Europe. They also charge extra for speciality dining. Sometimes it's not about nickle and diming, but merely to make a difference between the MDR where everybody will be seated without much delay and the smaller venues that need to be restricted in some way or another because they often only have 20-30 tables. Azamara does a great job. The ships and the people on board are the best. Probably one of the things that make Azamara stand out is that all staff actually love their jobs. That reflects back on the customer.

We have dined here before, and as we have a sea day early in the next voyage I want to book early. I can't see any link on the manage my reservation site. Can anyone help? I endorse Oddjob16's comments about the happy and extra ordinary staff!

• 8 months later...
We have dined here before, and as we have a sea day early in the next voyage I want to book early. I can't see any link on the manage my reservation site. Can anyone help? I endorse Oddjob16's comments about the happy and extra ordinary staff!

Hi Dipiccolo,

Azamara no longer accepts advance reservations for Specialty Dining. You can book when you are onboard the ship, but you may wish to book early, so you obtain the times/dates you desire. I hope this is helpful !

• 2 months later...
The Aqualina and Prime C menus are on the Az website at http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/dining-and-wines

They were up to date as of our March 2014 cruise on Quest.

Thanks to Deirdre (dln929) for finding this link.

I've had HotelOps email me the current menus for the specialty restaurants: Aqualina and Prime C.

And yes, Sanatee and others are correct, the menus on our website are completely up-to-date.

p.s. they made me hungry reading through and comparing the website versions with the emailed versions!

/BB