Valor Cabin #8450 (aft)

Palla

I've booked Cabin #8450 (Aft, Verandah) on the Valor for 11/20/05. Has anyone seen/stayed in this cabin?

Should I pay the extra to get the side/wrap balcony (#8655)?

Thanks, Palla

Palla; whats the price difference for a 9a and is it available?? most of them are scooped right up.

Personally.... how much space do two people need for a balcony? I have seen the 9as go for hundreds of dolalrs more then the regular cabins on the aft-- I think you will be just as happy where you are.

800 for me would pay for another weeks on another cruise ship. See- they are quite expensive and now that people are aware they are available and becoming moe and more hard to get--the prices are going higher and higher.

(could be a reason on the Spirit class ship they took the corners and made them into cat 11 suites)

I've booked Cabin #8450 (Aft, Verandah) on the Valor for 11/20/05. Has anyone seen/stayed in this cabin?

Should I pay the extra to get the side/wrap balcony (#8655)?

Thanks, Palla

I went thru the same thing quite recently. I booked 7433 aft on Triumph and thru reserach etc, decided to just try the wrap around JUST ONCE and upgraded to cat 9A 7425 corner...I was questioning myself...but we are keeping it...it is true we could book another cruise for the price of this room (Cat 8 compared to 9A) with $ to spare. We are trying it just once. I have wraparound pics of Conquest and Triumph..and more on the way...

AFt balconies seem to be the best deal to me...and that will be our NEXT cruise as long as we do not become addicted to the wraparound....cannot wait for the views.....

I just got off the Valor and had a 9A wraparound balcony 8448 and my friends stayed in the 8450 next to ours, their room is no different then any other balcony cabin and there balcony is deeper then regular but our balcony was huge and we loved it, we spent a lot of time out there reading and just relaxing in the sun. I had one on the Triumph and the Valor and I won't book anything else now. We really do enjoy it and the room is very spacious, but that is just my opinion don't let someone else influence you on your decision. What is right for us is not always right for someone else, if you want to try one and have the money go ahead either way you will enjoy your cruise, we really liked the Valor. If you would like me to send you pictures of the balcony and cabin you can email me at ldavison@twcny.rr.com Linda

I booked for our December cruise last month and first had booked an aft cabin #7430 - after around a week and a note from PVP that the ONE Aft I really wanted was open. I grabbed it and hemmed and hawed about the extra $ but decided to keep it. Now am in #7425!!!!:D The balcony is the big seller with fabulous views of aft and starboard.......nice

WOW LYNYRD -I upgraded from a 8D to a 9A wrap around and it was $180pp

I wish we could have gotten that price........When is your cruise and how far out did you book?

It cost us $700 more for the room:eek: :eek:

But worth it to try it once I guess. We only live once

I booked for our December cruise last month and first had booked an aft cabin #7430 - after around a week and a note from PVP that the ONE Aft I really wanted was open. I grabbed it and hemmed and hawed about the extra $ but decided to keep it. Now am in #7425!!!!:D The balcony is the big seller with fabulous views of aft and starboard.......nice

WOW LYNYRD -I upgraded from a 8D to a 9A wrap around and it was $180pp

I wish we could have gotten that price........When is your cruise and how far out did you book?

It cost us $700 more for the room:eek: :eek:

But worth it to try it once I guess. We only live once

I am sailing on Spetember 25th and booked it in February. I have never cruised before and was not really sure what I was doing. I thought that the $360 (total) extra that I paid was a lot at the time but now I guess I got a great deal. We will be celebrating our 15th anniversary on this cruise and also are considering it a delayed honeymoon since we never got a chance to take one when we got married. That is why we decided to go ahead and spend the extra money. From all the posts that I have read I really think it will be worth it.

lynyrd

I had this "issue" too. I'm sailing on the Valor on Oct 16th, and was originally in a regular aft balcony. Spur of the moment decision, I cancelled my aft and booked the wraparound 9A balcony. It was quite a bit of money extra, I believe the balcony is costing me about 1100$ per person.

But hey, it's our FIRST cruise, and we're going with another couple of friends who have booked an inside. I figure if all four of us want a nice semi-private area to hang out, a longer balcony will be welcome!

• 2 months later...

Archived