NHL Playoffs

Can anyone tell me if I will be able to watch the playoffs on my upcoming cruise. Not the end of the world if I cant but it would be nice. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

When I cruised last year on freedom the NHL playoffs weren't shown. I believe they are on NBC and Royal only has...ESPN? So the best you can do is periodically check the scores online.

Can anyone tell me if I will be able to watch the playoffs on my upcoming cruise. Not the end of the world if I cant but it would be nice. Thanks

RCI has cut back the channels/networks it receives so I doubt it.

I can tell you for - nope :(

Oh unless you have a huge data package don't stream them either. Trust me learned the hard way. GO BRUINS!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Ouch! Sorry about that.

Sent from my Bat Phone

That's OK. We are in the rebuild stages. Hard to believe its been ten years since the Flames made that fairytale run all the way to game seven of the Stanley Cup Finals. We haven't been able to get out of the first round since. Cheering partially for Boston this year since the Flames golden boy Jarome Iginla is lighting it up for the Bruins this year.

The most important game was on "Sun Feb 23. 2014" !!!! :D

That's OK. We are in the rebuild stages. Hard to believe its been ten years since the Flames made that fairytale run all the way to game seven of the Stanley Cup Finals. We haven't been able to get out of the first round since. Cheering partially for Boston this year since the Flames golden boy Jarome Iginla is lighting it up for the Bruins this year.

Thank you for Jarome even though he came to Boston indirectly. You guys showed a lot of class on his return home this season. It was one of the greatest home comings I've ever seen.

Hope so sailing june1 if only the rangers could hold on lol I promised DH we (he) could watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No nhl games last year on the Allure. I did see a lot of highlights though. I am a huge Montreal fan don't worry Boston will be out first round so you wont have to worry :D

Edited by trev71

Generally the sports onboard are only whatever ESPN International is carrying. The bars can't get any more channels that you get on your stateroom TV, either.

If you check the TV schedules ahead of time so you know what channel the game is on, you *might* find an onshore bar that can get a game or two over satellite.

... but sitting in a bar somewhere in the Caribbean watching hockey just feels a bit weird. Or maybe that's because my team isn't in.

Well I'm a Winnipegger and I have to say Teemu's return to our arena was probably the best welcome home ever... he had a standing o, a wave going and the chanting of his name every single time he touched the puck for the entire game. He is a total HERO in this city... us JETS fans love him!!

As for the games, I think your outta luck.

I will say that we use our internet minutes every single cruise checking hockey scores, either NHL, or our kids who both play all winter lone.

HAHA

I have learnt how to Facebook in 4 minutes so we have the rest of the time for email updates from the teams and of course the NHL scoreboard.

And since my JETS are also out....

I am cheering for Philly!!!

Chass