Precruise hotels in Costa Rica

jjg24014

We will be on the 3/21/15 cruise leaving Caldera. Does Azamara generally have a preferred hotel in each embarkation port? If so how far in advance are they usually announced?

For January 2014 cruise leaving from Caldera, Azamara used the Real Intercontinental near San Jose, Costa Rica. Not sure if they will use same hotel in 2015. It appears to be a fine hotel but my wife and I stayed at a nice Doubletree Hotel a few miles from the San Jose airport.

Several guest stayed in the Peace Lodge Hotel in La Paz Waterfalls and near a Volanco.. not sure how they got there and to ship but all raved about it. i did the waterfalls but since i came from Mia i never saw the hotel. about an hour from port.

• 1 year later...

we had a very nice stay at the San Jose Marriott near the airport. Not too much near Caldera. took a tour from the hotel to Poas Volcano then delivered to the ship in Caldera. This hotel used to be a coffee plantation. We recommend a Concierge Level room as the meals they included were good. Lovely grounds.

we had a very nice stay at the San Jose Marriott near the airport. Not too much near Caldera. took a tour from the hotel to Poas Volcano then delivered to the ship in Caldera. This hotel used to be a coffee plantation. We recommend a Concierge Level room as the meals they included were good. Lovely grounds.

I was there. lucky the cloud moved and we could see it.. there a hotel near there- Peace Lodge and I walked and saw some of the water falls but not the main one. .we ran out of time.

My Mom and I are taking the Azamara on January 3rd. We are also looking for a hotel for one night and transportation to Puerta Caldera. The Azamara package is the Real Continental, including transport to the port....it is quite pricey.

It is probably pricey because the transportation from San Jose to the Pacific Coast is pricey. We got a great deal through a company we booked our fishing trip through, but it still cost us $150.00 + tip for the one way transfer. Our hotel wanted $200 for the one way transfer if we arranged it through them. It is a fairly long ride from San Jose to Puerto Caldera.