Starbucks with drinking package?

I've purchased the ultimate drinking package for my upcoming cruise. I see it includes specialty coffees and teas - does that include Starbucks for those ships that have a Starbucks?

Fingers Crossed....

Not the Starbucks venues on Oasis and Allure, but it does include venues on other ships that serve Starbucks brand coffee.

We were on Freedom in January and enjoyed Starbucks every morning with our drink package.

I don't know anything about the Ultimate Drinking Package, but, as an FYI for those with the Replenish Package, according to the RCI Corp. Office, the Replenish Package does not cover Starbucks on FOTS. However, I read that Prominade Café serves Seattle's Best which is also very good. This will be our first cruise on FOTS.

I had sent an e-mail to the Corp Office for clarification on premium coffees with the Replenish Package, and they called us to tell us what was included and if we had any other questions. Because the Replenish Package is so new, some cruisers were able to purchase at Starbucks and other cruisers weren't.

We were on Freedom in January and enjoyed Starbucks every morning with our drink package.

Freedom does not have a dedicated Starbucks venue like Oasis and Allure, so you must have had Starbucks brand coffee at Cafe Promenade. That is normal to be included with the Replenish and Ultimate packages.

Edited by clarea

Not the Starbucks venues on Oasis and Allure, but it does include venues on other ships that serve Starbucks brand coffee.

Guess I'll have to take that into consideration when I purchase my package - if it included Starbucks, it would have been a "no-brainer". Darn it!!

Guess I'll have to take that into consideration when I purchase my package - if it included Starbucks, it would have been a "no-brainer". Darn it!!

In case my response was confusing, the Replenish and Ultimate packages will get you specialty coffee on Oasis and Allure. Just not from the dedicated Starbucks venues.

Freedom does not have a dedicated Starbucks venue like Oasis and Allure, so you must have had Starbucks brand coffee at Cafe Promenade. That is normal to be included with the Replenish and Ultimate packages.

Exactly.

The FOTS espresso stand has Starbucks cups and Starbucks straws, and I'd bet money that their espresso is Starbucks, too. That is included in the packages that include premium coffee.

I don't know anything about the Ultimate Drinking Package, but, as an FYI for those with the Replenish Package, according to the RCI Corp. Office, the Replenish Package does not cover Starbucks on FOTS. However, I read that Prominade Café serves Seattle's Best which is also very good. This will be our first cruise on FOTS.

There is NO Starbucks-branded venue on FOTS. There is ONLY the espresso stand at Cafe Promenade. So of course it doesn't cover "Starbucks" on FOTS.

The free, brewed coffee in Cafe Promenade, well into the seating area, that is self-service, IS Seattle's Best. Signs everywhere.

The espresso, though, almost certainly isn't. (except for the fact that SB was bought by Starbucks, but that's irrelevant) You are served your lattes, etc, in Starbucks cups with Starbucks straws... And it's covered.

Royal really did a number on themselves and on us by having such a confusing way of saying things. You can get their Starbucks-brand espresso drinks...but not if they are served at a Starbucks-branded venue (which are only on Oasis and Allure).

...Royal really did a number on themselves and on us by having such a confusing way of saying things. You can get their Starbucks-brand espresso drinks...but not if they are served at a Starbucks-branded venue (which are only on Oasis and Allure).

It's their way.:rolleyes:

I sent an email to RCCL about a month ago and got a reply. Here is what they said, as I'll be going on Freedom in November.

Premium coffee would include items such as mochas, lattés, and other premium brewed coffee offered at Café Latte-tudes or other dining venues. It does not include items from a Starbucks® or Seattle’s Best Coffee® locations onboard. Premium tea would include selections as earl grey and chai variations

If anyone wants to see the entire email regarding the different drink packages, let me know. it was rather long so I only posted the part about the premium coffees and teas.....

I've purchased the ultimate drinking package for my upcoming cruise. I see it includes specialty coffees and teas - does that include Starbucks for those ships that have a Starbucks?

Fingers Crossed....

it doesn't include starbucks.

Edited by Folk Singer

Exactly.

Royal really did a number on themselves and on us by having such a confusing way of saying things. You can get their Starbucks-brand espresso drinks...but not if they are served at a Starbucks-branded venue (which are only on Oasis and Allure).

Thanks for the info. Good to know.

I sent an email to RCCL about a month ago and got a reply. Here is what they said, as I'll be going on Freedom in November.

Premium coffee would include items such as mochas, lattés, and other premium brewed coffee offered at Café Latte-tudes or other dining venues. It does not include items from a Starbucks® or Seattle’s Best Coffee® locations onboard. Premium tea would include selections as earl grey and chai variations

If anyone wants to see the entire email regarding the different drink packages, let me know. it was rather long so I only posted the part about the premium coffees and teas.....

Yep - you got a standard boiler-plate reply, not one specific to the Freedom. It says exactly what you have read here. The only coffee items NOT covered in the Premium Package is anything at the Starbucks kiosks on the Oasis and Allure ONLY.

• 2 years later...