Hotel in Rome, Pre-Cruise

jfer8580

Hotel Smeraldo right by Campo di'Fiori (just south of the Pantheon and Piazza Navona) can be booked at that budget. Not fancy, but very well- located near the Largo Argentina transportation hub (for cross-Rome buses and the tram to Trastavere). Clean, quiet, with an elevator and perfect "Old Rome" location.

We are also booked at Albergo Cesari for our stay before our upcoming May cruise. We haven't stayed there but reviews here on CC and on Trip Advisor are very good. Location is excellent and the price is right.

Thanks folks.....Hotel Smeraldo is booked for the nights I want (9-12 through 9-15) and the Albergo Cesari is a little too high for us.....it is 569.00 a night!! I will keep looking!!

Yikes! We are booked there for late October and not paying anything like that; we booked about a year in advance, I think that helped. :eek:

Have a wonderful trip!

Yikes! We are booked there for late October and not paying anything like that; we booked about a year in advance, I think that helped. :eek:

Have a wonderful trip!

Yeah I guess it's all in the timing....the first night or our stay would be 255 but then the next two nights really jumped....not sure why!! Thanks, you have a good trip too!!

Unfortunately, there are a limited number of hotels in the Piazza Navona area that are affordable, and you've waited too late to get the early deals.

I suggest you go to Venere.com and put in the dates you are looking for in Rome. Once the list populates, you can narrow it further by selecting the area you're interested in (e.g., Piazza Navona). Don't forget to also look in adjacent areas (e.g., Pantheon, Campo di Fiori).

If you find something that looks interesting and meets your budget, check out the reviews on Tripadvisor. (Discounting those that sound like they are written by management or by competitors :D.)

Thanks folks.....Hotel Smeraldo is booked for the nights I want (9-12 through 9-15) and the Albergo Cesari is a little too high for us.....it is 569.00 a night!! I will keep looking!!

I booked the Hotel Smeraldo myself back in November then someone on CC suggested looking at apartments. Well I rented one and loved it. It was cheaper and way larger than the hotel room. Its all about preference on hotels vs apartments. But it appears to be avail at 120 Euros a night. If you want to look at it drop this into google VRBO 22175. Larry

Unfortunately, there are a limited number of hotels in the Piazza Navona area that are affordable, and you've waited too late to get the early deals.

I suggest you go to Venere.com and put in the dates you are looking for in Rome. Once the list populates, you can narrow it further by selecting the area you're interested in (e.g., Piazza Navona). Don't forget to also look in adjacent areas (e.g., Pantheon, Campo di Fiori).

If you find something that looks interesting and meets your budget, check out the reviews on Tripadvisor. (Discounting those that sound like they are written by management or by competitors :D.)

Thanks, I've been checking the booking sites but as you stated, not sure all the reviews are always sincere. I ask on CC because I usually get people who have just been there and can be trusted....I know nothing is fool proof so I check all over!! I will also check the areas you mentioned, do they have good restaurants and shops within walking distance too?. Thanks again

I will also check the areas you mentioned, do they have good restaurants and shops within walking distance too?. Thanks again

Yes, absolutely! My favorite area is the Pantheon, but Piazza Navona and Campo di Fiori both have a great vibe in the evening with restaurants and shopping.

Yes, absolutely! My favorite area is the Pantheon, but Piazza Navona and Campo di Fiori both have a great vibe in the evening with restaurants and shopping.

I totally agree! Navona and CdF are more "active" in the evening, but the area around Pantheon doesn't go to sleep, either. It's just more mellow.

My two favorite restaurants in Rome are in Pantheon and CdF: Armando al Pantheon and Rosciolli. Yummy, yummy….

Are you sure you weren't getting a total price for you stay?

Are you sure you weren't getting a total price for you stay?

Unfortunately yes......it listed the three nights....one was 255 and I don't remember the exact amount for the other two but they averaged out to 569.

Unfortunately yes......it listed the three nights....one was 255 and I don't remember the exact amount for the other two but they averaged out to 569.

Joe did you look at the apartment i suggested? Or are you only interested in a hotel. My friends stayed at the Smeraldo in November and liked it. The location is very good it was maybe 6 blocks from the apartment. Larry

Joe did you look at the apartment i suggested? Or are you only interested in a hotel. My friends stayed at the Smeraldo in November and liked it. The location is very good it was maybe 6 blocks from the apartment. Larry

Not sure what we want yet, I am limited right now so I will consider anything. I do want something that would have a safe in the room or at least safety deposit boxes and I'm not sure if a lot of the apartments have them. Thanks.

I booked the Hotel Smeraldo myself back in November then someone on CC suggested looking at apartments. Well I rented one and loved it. It was cheaper and way larger than the hotel room. Its all about preference on hotels vs apartments. But it appears to be avail at 120 Euros a night. If you want to look at it drop this into google VRBO 22175. Larry

I tried goggling this one but it doesn't bring up any properties I Rome.

Not sure what we want yet, I am limited right now so I will consider anything. I do want something that would have a safe in the room or at least safety deposit boxes and I'm not sure if a lot of the apartments have them. Thanks.

I believe its available for your time frame. Im sure it didnt have a safe as i would have saw it. I will say its very nice and in a great location.

Edited by softail

i just booked the albergo del senato.. a small hotel right across from the pantheon.. according to reviews it is within walking distance to trevi, colloseum, etc.. I booked because of location... i took a refundable rate because if the St. Regis decides to 'giveaway'rooms just before our dates I will move to the st. regis... right now I would have to give them my first born, second born, etc.. and that's just for breakfast.. breakfast is 100 euros pp..and I am paying for 5 of us...lol

Edited by Host Star