P&O or Carnival for 15yr old boy? & cost on P&O

Hi all, We are planning a cruise later in the year and wish to know which cruise line would suit our 15yr old boy?? He's a typical 15yr old... Just don't want him to feel left out or bored.

Also I have read some reviews about PO Jewel they are mostly bad and mainly about the extra cost for everything. It seems that in order to breath more than twice it would cost extra. Is this true compared to a Carnival Cruise??

Thanks all

Biaco

:)

Welcome to Biaco Cruise Critic :D

Hi all, We are planning a cruise later in the year and wish to know which cruise line would suit our 15yr old boy?? He's a typical 15yr old... Just don't want him to feel left out or bored.

Both P&O and Carnival wound be both good options :)

Also I have read some reviews about PO Jewel they are mostly bad and mainly about the extra cost for everything. It seems that in order to breath more than twice it would cost extra. Is this true compared to a Carnival Cruise??

I would take / read any reviews with a pitch of salt...., the reasion why I say that is because you don't know what that person was expecting off that cruise, what happened to them on the cruise (Like they may have had a bad time) etc...,

take for example on one of the cruise we went on I found a reviews a few months back about the cruise, and I had to wonder if he was on the same cruise as me!!, as he said about all these problems he had, and how unhappy he was etc.. , while we did not experience anything of the type.

I would also not worry so much about the reviews that are more then 6 months old, as things change on the ships every cruise and when the crew on the ship change etc...

That's one thing about cruising is that you will have to pay extra for things, like shore tours, soft drinks, wine/beer etc.. (Water, Juice, Milk etc.. is free from the buffet )..., to buy anything in the shops, if you do a P&O cruise, NZ natural ice cream (You can get free ice cream in the dinning room!) etc..

And I think a lot of people may not realise they have to pay for these things...(In my option)

I have been on the Pacific Jewel (Mind you this was before her last refit), and we did not like the fell or the layout of some off the areas (and a few other small things), but since we have been on her she had had a few changes done in her last dry-dock, so apparently she is better :)

Also the Pacific Pearl is a good ship as well ( I have been on her twice now). and the Pacific Dawn is also apparently another good ship ( I have not been on her yet!)

Hope this helps :)

Thanks all

Biaco

:)

Hi Biaco

I wont say anything about P&O cos I can't say anything nice.

Carnival is offering the Spirit and later this year the Legend, and either of these I would be ideal. They promote themselves as the "Fun Ships" - targeted at Families (rather than Boof heads).

The water park on the Spirit is great for kids, as is the dining experiences.

Cheers

We were on the Carnival Spirit last year with teenagers and they all had a great time, so good that we are going again next week.

I haven't been on P & O but when I was looking to choose a cruise last year the Carnival Spirit looked to be a better fit for us, Family of 5, 2 are teenagers, also the ship seemed nicer more modern than P & O but the Jewel has been refurbished since.