HOB/Galveston/HOB transfer questions

TEGL

My husband and I will be traveling, with 3 year old autistic son, in November. Long story short we planned this sailing because we were going to visit some close family friends (who live in Houston) and stay with them prior to the sailing and they were going to drive us. For some unexpected reasons this will not work out now and so we are frantic at trying to figure out what we will do.

We are flying in the day before the cruse so I am currently looking at staying at a hotel near the airport and taking advantage of the free hotel shuttle to get form the airport to the hotel. We are then looking at taking the free shuttle back to the airport the following morning and using Island Breeze shuttle to get to the port. I was quoted $203 for r/t HOB/Galveston/HOB transfer.

For those of you that have experience at this port - does this sound reasonable? I know renting a car can be a nightmare since there is no place to drop the car off at the port. All the hotels on the island are currently booked solid, other that some that are close to $300/night, which we cant do.

Any advice or options I could look into are much appreciated. We want to make the travel as easy as possible since we will be traveling with our little one.

That's exactly were I was looking at staying [emoji4]

Good! When you call them upon arrival, they will tell you which spot in the parking area you will be picked up.

During your hotel stay, you can also use the shuttle, free of charge, to go within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. Within that radius, there are dept stores, grocery stores, liquor store and restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just booked a hotel by the airport and they set me up with a taxi/van they know of will take me to the cruise port 4 of us with 8 pieces luggage for $100 then booked cruise connection to get us all from cruise port back to Hobby airport (shared ride but we're ok with that) for $88. Cheapest way I found with out having to get a free shuttle back to the airport in the morning before the cruise that would drive me crazy!

Oh gosh so many options now, thanks to everyone for chiming in.

I was just looking at Galveston Limo and they have an Online Special for $40 R/T right now. Im assuming its PP but emailed to find out. I am also having to consider if a shuttle service will provide a car seat, or if we would have to bring ours from home? In the past we have also flown into Ft. Lauderdale so i never worried about a car seat since it was such a close drive but I know Hobby is much further so driving that far w/o a car seat may not be a possibility.